LegacyGT.com

Sun visor warning sticker...@#%#%#%!!!!

Every new car here in Canada has the stupid warning stickers for air bags on the visor. Years ago on a Chevy I could just peal them off and all was good. The Dodge I had last was a total pain to remove, actually it almost wrecked the cloth on the visor and left glue behind that I could not remove for the life of me. Now this Subaru has these (of course) and they look like they will be as much fun to remove as the Dodges were.

Anyone have a trick to removing these warnings? (BTW who DOSENT know what a airbag will do and how it can kill you? why cant they just put the warnings in the manual like everything else?...... Stupid)

Mine came off right away on my 05, i havent tried on my 07 but i think it should be easy. I have heard of people taking them off and putting a iron to them a low heat and peeling them off.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

Just remove the visors, then heat up the stickers with a hair dryer and peel them off slowly.

If you have residue left over, crack out the iron and a cloth and put the cloth over the residue and run over it for a while with the iron. The left-over sticky stuff should transfer to the cloth.

Voila! Dun.

My girlfriend peeled them off my '05 in about two minutes using a hair dryer. Didn't bother removing them, just used an extension cord to bring the hair dryer out to the car.

Archived