LegacyGT.com

75 minutes with a Spec B

Still felt a bit jiggly, IMO, when at the 1200km mark with a full load of "lightweight" Aussies and luggage. [b]Somebody[/b] swears it calms down with more mileage on it, but I was happy with my GT from minute one. :p :D Cheers, Paul Hansen[/b]

Has there been much mention of the bumpy ride of the spec B from NZ. Or are the roads there better than the elevated slabs of cement here in Tokyo? Edit : also does anyone know if the Sti springs are 'softer' than the Bilsteins.

If u r going through a corner at low speed you feel the bump, but it does not get thrown around like recent JDM Evos would (well, Evos until the MR which now runs Bilstein dampers). If going through a corner at a more committed pace it will soak up most anything, but naturally, if u find a big enough bump, anything will get tossed off line ;) If you've seen the RS6 vs. spec B video you'll note how flat the spec B, in the back ground you can just see the GT doing its thang :)

You guys crack me up. :lol: Every time I see you guys write, I automatically have to think of this story: [url=http://www.apexjapan.com/editorial/track_report.html]What it's like to test a car at the track with Apexjapan...[/url]

[quote name='MSB']Has there been much mention of the bumpy ride of the spec B from NZ. Or are the roads there better than the elevated slabs of cement here in Tokyo? [/quote] One person I know commented he didn't like the spec B handling. City and suburbs are not too bad if u have hard suspension - but the "b" roads tend to have alot of bumps and patches etc. Being bitumum based they tend to create bumps and hollows over time.

Archived