LegacyGT.com

Curious..what are you wearing?

Mr. Ed

I'm in the same boat as you: trying to figure out what to put on there next. I am thinking REO960AS Pole Position. Look like really nice tires, handle water really well, and have a 40K treadwear warranty. Little on the $$ side though. $133 @ tire rack.

i have a set of Kumho SPT 225/45/17

coming in the mail today

they cost me 376$ and some change from tirerack shipped

not bad since i ordered them yesterday and they get here today :D

40$ to ship 2 pairs of tires (each tire i believe is like 22-23lbs so X2 per package)

plus Kumho is offering a 40$ rebate on tires so why not :spin:

I'm in the same boat as you: trying to figure out what to put on there next. I am thinking REO960AS Pole Position. Look like really nice tires, handle water really well, and have a 40K treadwear warranty. Little on the $$ side though. $133 @ tire rack.

FIRESTONE SUGGESTED THESE at $155 each, mounted and balanced

they have had some great reviews but for the price i think i remember seeing a yokahama with a 60k mile warranty

Eagle F1 GS-D3

They've proven AWESOME in the wet stuff and like glue on the dry.

I priced them online, found the best deal, and Discount Tire matched the price.

+1 on the above. A fantastic tire. Best since the Eagle GT+4. Certainly the best rain tire on the market. As for dry, you will probably outdrive yourself before you can outdrive the tire. Don't need brakes on off ramps:lol::lol::lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

hrm..thanks for that, there is a guy n the boards selling his f-1's.....

i was really worried about the ice we might get though....i really didn't want to keep two sets of tires on hand

so it's down to f-1's or kumho asx.......

with about a 250 price diff in the two

I'm running Toyo Proxes 4's...225/40 R18s. They've been through these torrential downpours, the ice we had, and dry weather. No complaints on the handling. They are starting to get a little loud with 20k on them though...but no where near as loud as the Kumho Supra MX 235/40 R18s I had on there previously.

Mike

http://kanedasrealm.net

i was really worried about the ice we might get though....i really didn't want to keep two sets of tires on hand

I have both. :) The F1s on the LGT and the ASXs on my Lexus ES300. You'll be happy with either.

I put the ASXs on my ES because I'm not planning to ever take it to the track and I don't mind having some all-season capability for that car. I bought the F1s for the LGT right before the Subaru Challenge and I plan to take it back as often as possible.

The F1s are an awesome everyday and track-use tire.

The ASXs are just darn good tires that I could maybe track once in a while but probably won't; otherwise I would've purchased F1s or the Kuhmo MXs.

Note that Kuhmo self-describes even the ASX as an ultra-high-performance tire:

The ECSTA ASX combines ultra high performance with the everyday needs of all season traction, low noise and outstanding ride comfort. Specifically built for the most demanding of conditions, the ECSTA ASX uses the latest technology and silica compounding to deliver a truly unique driving experience.

You wouldn't hate the wet-handling of the F1. It makes you want to wet-track it just to show off. :lol:

well....it now depends on what the dealership says tomorrow. i was pulling aout of a parking lot about an hour ago and the car puffed out a bunch of bluish smoke with a burned oil smell.....

The F! is not a good tire if the temp gets below freezing. In fact it sucks!!!!

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Just curious: where did the ASX's get better reviews?

If you look on Tirerack (I know this isn't the be all of end all comparisons, but it is a good starting point) they are both in the UHP AS category. 960AS ranks 2nd and the ASX ranks 7th. It also beats the ASX in every individual category.

Dealer take offs = OEM tires?

hanks for the input but money has to do alot with it too. I am just trying to get out of my stock tires now.

as for where these came from I have little idea, only that they are new....and 50 a tire. (local so no shipping.

my local quote on 960's was just under 1000 so it's kind of a no brainer for me.

200 on tires, and thus more of my $5k for other things like springs and sways etc.

i can get the 960's with the next bonus

No doubt...

I am actually still on stock rubber myself for that same reason ($) but have tried to read as much as possible on tire replacements. The 960's are the way that I am going to go. (Hopefully sooner than later.)

As far as other mods, I have sways and end links (both Cobb) and this made a HUGE difference. Definately check into sways, best bang for the buck AFAIAC.

Good luck!

we tried and tried to reproduce it. i flashed back to stock last night to avoid further damage.... took it in, could not reproduce it.

it is one of a few things...a fluke thing

bad gas

something was in the used stock exhaust that i bought and it burned off

they told me to keep an eye on it and let them know

flashed back to stage 2 and all is good for now.

oh and i bought the asx's for $200. stock rubber is not totally gone but getting scary, plus these will look nice on my new rims

I think you're going to be very happy with the ASXs. I've been Sunday-driving the twisty backroads of North Texas while exercising the new suspension on my ES300 with the new ASXs. I can find no fault with them. Their performance exceeded my expectations by far.

Enjoy!

(Glad your car isn't puffin' anymore.)

Archived