LegacyGT.com

Suspension reccomendations?

epoch

Sportwagon, your car sounds like it is amazing, you really went first class! You also spent quite a bit more than $1500!

Perhaps you can draw some conclusions for the OP on which of your suspension mods gave you the most bang for the buck.

btw I am jealous!

Great review. So you would say the car handles 10 times better while being more predictable.

Yes, definitely... If I had a chance to do anything different, I would have gone for the JDM spec B bilstiens instead of the GT ones... why, because I think with the extent of suspension mods I have the spec Bs would have been more in line with the rest of the mods (stiffer)... Don't get me wrong the GT's are great, but they are definitely the softest part of the suspension... But I think that would have meant I would have needed different pinks springs than the ones I already had?? :confused:... The other thing would be I might have tried to get wagon springs, since I could have used a little more height in the rear since I have lots of extra weight from stereo equipment back there! The rear is slightly lower than the front, and the car sags somewhat during hard acceleration from a stop! However, when I take the box out of the trunk then it would be higher than it should be... no regrets here... just a few little after thoughts!

Sportwagon, your car sounds like it is amazing, you really went first class! You also spent quite a bit more than $1500!

Perhaps you can draw some conclusions for the OP on which of your suspension mods gave you the most bang for the buck.

btw I am jealous!

$1500:

~$650 for the cusco sways and pink springs

~$250 for endlinks, reinforcement brackets and sway bushings

~$600 for good JDM bilstien take-offs and mounts

---------

$1500

(not including installation and alignment though, which could cost as little as $75 for just the alignment if you do the work yourself)

The LCA bushings are something that NEEDs to be adressed at some point, but you can put it off for a while (mine were done at 50K mi)

The braces, aluminum LCAs, poly LCA bushings, Trailing arms and other misc. stuff were well worth the $$$, but I think everyone will agree that the above listed parts are where you will see the most improvements!

:)

• 1 month later...
Coilovers do not need to be cornerbalanced. You get a little more performance out of them if you do, but it definitely does not impact ride quality by any noticeable amount.

I completely recommend getting your car cornerbalanced if you track your car, but it's not the end of the world by any means if your car is just a street car.

- Andrew

What the heck is corner balanced anyway, besides the obvious from the words used. What exactly do they do?

I would for sure check out the threads on the megan racing coilovers, I have heard nothing but good reviews. I just purchased some this week from a guy who had to sell his car. Paid 300 less than new and they only had 1500 miles on them, been on the car only a couple of months. when I get them on ill post a review.

Archived