LegacyGT.com

X02 Catback vs Magnaflow mufflers

I assume with the Magnaflows there must be some welding involved, since these are 'universals', correct? Such as where the inlet pipe flanges on to meet the Y pipe, also the hanger brackets? I would guess a decent muffler shop would have whatever odd bits on hand to make these fit? And which Magnaflows fit best, the ovals?

+1

yeah, what Magnaflows were you using, what about other ppl that use Magnaflows?

I have Magnaflow's #12255 ( I also bought them used), They sound great, just slightly louder than Effins old Magnaflows, but sweet!

I have Magnaflow's #12255 ( I also bought them used), They sound great, just slightly louder than Effins old Magnaflows, but sweet!

Did you buy them ready to mount, or have a shop do it? If it was a shop, which one (I am in central NJ quite often)

Im in central nj, about 50 mi from Vernon.

Guys..I ran hogzawst too. I even came up with the concept of cutting the gaskets to keep the sound waves from beating against the body pan. It didn't sound bad, but hose magaflows had the best mellow low tone sound of anything Ive run...

I had to search and search to find out what a hogzaust was. I might try that this weekend to hold me over till I can get an ok from the wife for mufflers.

Did you buy them ready to mount, or have a shop do it? If it was a shop, which one (I am in central NJ quite often)

The ones I bought had the hangers in the right place but it required piping..

I got it done at the local Midas place..cost is about $130. I had them create the piping themselves (instead of using my stock can pipes). It would have been cheaper if they cut the pipes off the stock cans and used them.

I'm glad you all like the Magnaflow mufflers. Now if anyone is interested, I still have a pair that are brand new sitting in my house not doing anything. If interested PM me..
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived