LegacyGT.com

Sway bary kits

terrangama

If you want oversteer, get the perrn 25mm rear bar and take out your front swaybar.

I have the perrin 25mm front and rear bars and rear comes around nicely depending how i have the dampening set on my coilovers.

The Perrin 25mm rear bar and no front bar would DEFINITELY make for one hell of a tail happy car. Unless someone was trying to go around every turn sideways, I'd at least run the stock front bar with the 25mm Perrin rear bar. That should balance the car towards oversteer as is.

Cusco sways are the bet fit that I have seen. I've had mine on both stock springs as wellas lowered with no fitment issues,

+1

DO NOT get whiteline....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

+1

DO NOT get whiteline....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Not sure why you say this. I have F&R Whiteline adjustables on my LGT and STI. Both are lowered (LGT Tein H's and STI JDM Pink's) and fitment is perfect on both. Sway bars are one of the best bang for the buck mods that you can do on both cars.

05 STI CGM~520whp/463wtq...more to come!

08 STI Aspen White/Gold BBS~305whp/365wtq:D

Both tuned by Scott Siegel!

I'm currently debating between the Cobb and Cusco sways. Cobb has the reinforced mounting tabs while the Cusco does not. I'm kind of leaning towards Cobb after hearing so many ppl had their mounts ripped out, despite the less than ideal fitment issues of the Cobb bars.

Also, how much more tail happy if I keep the USDM front sway rather than replace it with the above-mentioned bars?

I'm currently debating between the Cobb and Cusco sways. Cobb has the reinforced mounting tabs while the Cusco does not. I'm kind of leaning towards Cobb after hearing so many ppl had their mounts ripped out, despite the less than ideal fitment issues of the Cobb bars.

Also, how much more tail happy if I keep the USDM front sway rather than replace it with the above-mentioned bars?

The perrin rear also has a mount brace with it. I'll be doing an install tomorrow, so I'll Re-post on the fitment on my 05 wagon. I'm putting on both the front and rear 22mm perrin bars. I'll probably set the back to "soft" and the the front to the firmer setting for now. might be a while before I can get you any feedback on the handling except initial imressions.

I got the perrin front and rear for a tad less than the cobb are listed for, but from my reading, I got the imression the perrins would be a just a bit more aggresive than the cobbs... besides my LGT is garnet... ;)

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Ok, so I got my new Perrin 22mm F/R Bars in today. Day late, but that's another story.. Fitment was good. There doesn't seem to be any undo lateral stress on the endlinks (stayed with stock, for now), and the mounting brackets are close enough to the bend that I don't think they will be walking around like some I have heard about. I set the front on "firm" and the rear on "soft" I'm running stock other than this upgrade on the bars, and have 28k on the odo.

Intial driving impressions: No Clunks, so looks like my buddy Bill and I did good on the install. Driving, the car is much more stable in the corners. Haven't gotten wild or had any near limit as of yet. The rear of the car is much more stable. There used to be "bounce back" from the body roll after coming out of a turn. That's gone. The rear does seem to be much more a part of the car handling the curve. inital body roll is diminished quite a bit.

overall, I'm at day one, and am starting to think I should have done this a year ago...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Archived