LegacyGT.com

Sway bary kits

terrangama

oooooph 500 dollars for sways?

Do you already have springs/struts or coilovers?

if not i would suggest getting those first. sways take care of body roll but coilovers take care of body roll AND squat and dive, to an extent. people recommend doing the sways after the bigger stuff.

car for sale. PM me!

the avo endlinks rust out. i have cobb springs, sways, endlinks, and cusco strut braces. a bit rough for nyc, but handles great. the perrin sways in the harman kit are the same size as the cobb.

Cusco sways FTW. I've had 'em on since August 2005 with perrin end links in the rear, MSi up front. No clunk, no rub issues. I have the AVO sway bar brackett/mount and would recommend getting something beefier than the stock sway bar mounts for the rear. My GT is on bilsteins/S-techs and borla exhaust with no fitment issues.
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

oooooph 500 dollars for sways?

Do you already have springs/struts or coilovers?

if not i would suggest getting those first. sways take care of body roll but coilovers take care of body roll AND squat and dive, to an extent. people recommend doing the sways after the bigger stuff.

Yea, just got my KW variants on about 2 weeks ago and it feels awesome, props to boostjunkie. I am looking to get some oversteer on my car. It seems like cusco seems like the best bet right now. Thanks for the help, still listening in to more opinions!

ah alright. you can try getting the jdm rear bar, keep the current front bar. I think you can keep your current supporting hardware for the jdm rear bar. You'll have a little MORE oversteer but i dont know if it'll be enough for your needs/wants.
car for sale. PM me!

would having a larger front sway bar than rear still cause oversteer??

Nope. Even with the JDM rear you would be hard pressed to induce oversteer. I've got a JDM rear sitting in the garage. It will give you less understeer.

The rear of the car feels firmer on the straight-aways and even when I get on the accelerator it feels as if I'm being pushed forward as opposed to being pulled. I thought it was the placebo effect at first, but even my wife noticed the difference in the straight aways.

Also, when taking turns the car feels a lot more planted to the tarmac with significantly less body roll.

Personally, I feel that manufacturers are pretty damned proud of their products and ask for a premium. In other words, the cheap-ass in my feels that I paid too much. However, each and every time I get in the car, drive it or ride in it my smile tells me otherwise.

There does seem to be some additional road noises but are in no way offensive in my opinion. The added benefits (which is a very noticeable amount of oversteer) far outweigh the added noise.

If I could do it all over again I'd still buy the AVO rear setup.

what would be the best setup to cause the most oversteer possible?

My guess would be the Perrin 25mm rear with the stock Front bar, but just guessing...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

If you want oversteer, get the perrn 25mm rear bar and take out your front swaybar.

I have the perrin 25mm front and rear bars and rear comes around nicely depending how i have the dampening set on my coilovers.

Archived