tougefox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ben did you fix your cooling issue?

Yeah dude, I did and I even switched to the Subaru Super Coolant (blue stuff) for longer life and better operating temps while I was there. My car runs like a champ now.

I saw a brown '08 I think brown LGT this morning behind me on 75 and it was a blast to have someone to do a comparison pull against, absolutely made my morning! That Dom 1.5 pulls so well! :spin: How's your ride coming along?

New here! In Statesboro GA. Actual resident, not student (I work at Georgia Southern). Pretty sure the only LGT down here, wahoo.

Had a speed6 (I got one for super cheap), but was afraid of timing chain nonsense and rear end blowing up. Finally got my hands on a black base model LGT Saturday.

Previous owner had done up-pipe, down-pipe, headers, and most maintenance.

I have an APv2 en route, and I get to do valve cover gaskets and rotella oil change today!

Next up is bulletproof intercooler, banjo bolt filter, rear diff bushings, and lastly - transmission and rear diff fluids (redline fluids). I'm pumped to be working on my car again, it also helps that this site has awesome documentation!

New here! In Statesboro GA. Actual resident, not student (I work at Georgia Southern). Pretty sure the only LGT down here, wahoo.

Had a speed6 (I got one for super cheap), but was afraid of timing chain nonsense and rear end blowing up. Finally got my hands on a black base model LGT Saturday.

I have an APv2 en route, and I get to do valve cover gaskets and rotella oil change today!

Next up is bulletproof intercooler, banjo bolt filter, rear diff bushings, and lastly - transmission and rear diff fluids (redline fluids). I'm pumped to be working on my car again, it also helps that this site has awesome documentation!

Welcome indeed! If you're ever up in the city hit us up and we'll arrange something. Feel free to ask any Q's and post up some pics! Sounds like you have some great plans already to keep the car lasting for a long time.

Welcome! Make sure to get all the banjo bolt filters, there's a turbo one, and two AVCS ones. The DS intake cam one is an absolute bitch to get to, but if you're doing timing/cam seals, do it then.

Hey bacchus, we've toyed with the idea of a meet, but mostly we just sorta infrequent the wrxatlanta meets. Good guys, mostly local, and they don't care if you drive your mom's Camry to the meets. They do a dinner meet every other Tuesday, assorted other meets, and of course Caffeine and Octane.

whats up guys i just moved over to ATL. ran into someone on 285 on SAT/16/jan... dark blue gold wheels lol single exhaust . was fun. anyways. when is the next meet or get together.

Yeah that was me! I am a sucker for highway pulls, especially with the Dom 1.5xtr. The next wrxatlanta meet is next Tuesday at Grub Burger in Smyrna but we need to do a Legacy meet which I've been advocating for.

Yeah that was me! I am a sucker for highway pulls, especially with the Dom 1.5xtr. The next wrxatlanta meet is next Tuesday at Grub Burger in Smyrna but we need to do a Legacy meet which I've been advocating for.

oh yes it was you lol nice. had to pull off for a movie date. but yeah ill go to that wrx meet and check it out. been meaning to do something to my car ever since day one.

Guess I'll chime in.

Just picked up a silver 2005 GT Limited Wagon. Won't be doing much in the way of mods, but I like to keep up with common issues and get insight on preventative maintenance. My car just turned 63k miles, and I plan to use it as a daily driver for as long as I can (ie: as long as it is reliable). I am in West Cobb, and commute through Marietta down 75 in the mornings so some of you may see me around town.

Guess I'll chime in.

Just picked up a silver 2005 GT Limited Wagon. Won't be doing much in the way of mods, but I like to keep up with common issues and get insight on preventative maintenance. My car just turned 63k miles, and I plan to use it as a daily driver for as long as I can (ie: as long as it is reliable). I am in West Cobb, and commute through Marietta down 75 in the mornings so some of you may see me around town.

Welcome! is it an automatic or a manual? i want a wagon so badly!

-Brett

Its an Auto trans. I'm loving the wagon. So practical, yet still sporty.

absolutely! i know you said you weren't interested in modding, but throw some sway bars on that thing and it'll feel like a different car! welcome to the group! hope to see you out there!

-Brett

absolutely! i know you said you weren't interested in modding, but throw some sway bars on that thing and it'll feel like a different car! welcome to the group! hope to see you out there!

-Brett

Maybe down the road. For now, any thing I do to the car will be focused on making it as reliable as possible, ie: banjo bolt filter check, etc. From what I've read, I should also be looking at replacing the catted up-pipe with with catless version (and then get tune job).

Guess I'll chime in.

Welcome! I do the same commute... ugh :lol:

I'm gonna try and make that next Tuesday! Yep down for a legacy meet as well.

I'm also from Asheville/Brevard NC so if anyone ever wants to go find some real mountain roads...

-Brett

I can too. lets make sure to post up date and times of meets. It be a surprise to see the drivers of the some of the other leggys I've seen out and around. :):cool: