LegacyGT.com

Straight pipes

GTWILLY

I've got straight pipes on mine right now....

I like to switch them on from time to time....

Here is a vid....

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3371442942322151040&q=Legacy+muffler+delete]05 Legacy GT Muffler delete[/ame]

this was with one pipe when I was fabricating them .....

the link didnt open for me, so you have a cut out I guess then if you can switch them on and off?

No... I have a set of stock mufflers and a set of "muffler deletes". I can unbolt one set and install the other in about 15 minutes.

The link is a movie on videos.google.com ... search for LGT muffler delete

So wait - all of those millions of mufflers under all of those millions of cars actually do something? Who knew? :lol:

You have no idea... I was astonished when I took them off and my car was crazy loud??? I was all like, "Yeeeeaaa :spin: "

So wait - all of those millions of mufflers under all of those millions of cars actually do something? Who knew? :lol:

:lol:

I thought those big cans were just under there to fill up the extra space. :spin:

oh nice, yea thats what I've got now. Is it much quieter when you have one muffler on and one delete on?

It actually sounds better (more balanced and mellow) with both delete pipes on. I don't know why....

I'll try to shoot a video sometime soon....

Any indication that a Stage II car would need a tune to run safely with straight pipes?

I am running a stage 2 from tdc and she seems to pull nicely, ran a couple logs since and no knock issues and seems to run and hold 11.14:1 AFR fairly consistantly. Also it does seem to run smoother through the rpm's with the pipes.

I have a few vid comments

ha ha your garage is so small you can barley fit in there with 2 cars. ( at least you have one unlike me :lol: )

sounds pretty good but too loud for my taste. R=icers must rally back off of you.

And last, I would have gone up and knock the guy with the lawn mower out for ruining your vid, left the camera running, and started her back up and show it off again.

I have a few vid comments

ha ha your garage is so small you can barley fit in there with 2 cars. ( at least you have one unlike me :lol: )

Actually... I have a 3 car garage.... :spin:

i just need to do a true straight pipe on my GT and get a big downpipe with no cat (add anti-foulers to fool the ECU).. then'll it be loud.. but an NA 2.5i is much louder because they dont have a turbo to muffle the sound.. add a set of unqueal length headers and a 3" shorty straight pipe on a 2.5i and you'll even scare some of the domestics.
Keefe

Thanks for the vid...interesting to hear the straight pipe...sounds good (just too loud for my daily driving). I think I'm going with Perrin pipes and stock cans (have DP already, putting on MR header as well). I'm in the city and the stealth/low noise factor is important to me.

Archived