LegacyGT.com

Install/Meet 26 May 2007

praedet

All right folks, I will be hosting an meet and install down in Colorado Springs on Saturday 26 May. Right now we have bskey's sedan on the list for a Stg II install, rtp's wagon possibly up for a suspension install, and ScoobySTi07's outback possibly up for a suspension install. The install will be hosted up on the Air Force Academy at the Garage on base. This way we can use lifts for the install. I would like to have some peeps there who aren't necessarily doing the installs on their car though, so we can do more than one car at a time...

Time: 9am

Date: 26 May

Where: United States Air Force Academy Auto Hobby Shop

Who can make it?

1. praedet

:spin:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill definately be there, dont have any plans for any work for my car other then mayby taking advantage of the lift for a quick tire rotation ;) more interested in watching/helping with the stgII install as im looking to slap on a new turbo/headers/UpPipe/DP...ect... sometime this summer.

Im not much of a mechanic but I did just swap out my springs last weekend with the help of a friend so might be able to give a hand with the suspension upgrade or something.

Anyways count me in, cant pass up a opertunity so see some nice subies!

**EDIT** note: if anyone is interested in some audio equipment let me know as I have 4 12" memphis M3 subs and 2 duel ported boxes, a pair of Memphis 6x9s and a pioneer 5800 head unit I need to sell sell!!(very cheap) check out the classifieds for price and pic....

Ted, just remember your tap so we can get that bolt out of my turbo :lol:

This should be a lot of fun!!

1. praedet

2. rtp - but not till after 11am

3. CoSpringsSpecB

4. Bskey

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

I should be able to, dont think I have anything going on. I dont know how much good Im going to be though, had shoulder surgery last week.......:(

Maybe I can figure out why my front suspension is still making weird noises though :spin:

1. praedet

3. CoSpringsSpecB

4. Bskey

5. Isuace

I'd like to join. Won't be doing anything to my car though since I have nothing to install. :(

1. praedet

3. CoSpringsSpecB

4. Bskey

5. Isuace

6. han

Not to thread hijack... but speaking of stereo equipment...

I have a custom fiberglass sub enclosure for a LGT sedan... since I now have a wagon, I'm selling. If any of you are interested, or know of anyone who might be interested, shoot me a PM.

Rob

I might be able to make it. I will have to see what is going on that Saturday, I know there are a couple of different BBQ's we were planning on going to that weekend. If I do make it, I'll be hoping to install my springs that have been sitting around since November.

There definately seems like therell be plenty of projects going on to keep everyone busy either helping/learning/working.

Ive never been to the Academys Autoshop how big is it a lotta lifts/bays? able to work on cars outside of the bays? should i even bother to bring my jackstands for anyone? How are the rules and stuff there? pretty strict? am i able to bring my cooler filled with how shall i say ;) tasty beverages?

DJ, Do it! Now that tax season is over, you have no excuse not to install those!

Just talked to The Girl...she got scheduled to work that day, so we won't be going to no stinkin BBQ's that day. Count me in!! Finally going to get those springs installed...

1. praedet

3. CoSpringsSpecB

4. Bskey

5. Isuace

6. han

7. djmonkey841

8. Enthusiast

You can bring tasty beverages as far as I know (I guess I can check to make sure) :D

There will be enough bays, we just might not have the use of a lift for a project or two. The main one that is A LOT easier on the lift is the Stg 2 install. The suspension stuff just takes a little longe on stands. They have stands there though, so don't worry about bringing yours. Thanks for offering though :D

How about a gt30 kit/perrin fmic kit/850 injectors/fuel pump install? I was planning on taking a weekend to get everything done, but if there's the possibility of multiple non-noob hands on the car...

Wow, I don't know that we can get that done in the time and constraits of the 26th, but I would love to come by and help out when you do that. I will have to do a few of those in the not too distant future...

Perhaps we can do another one of these in the future. Would that be cool Ted? I'm still waiting on my Crucial UP, Perrin pulley. Also gotta get the DP, whether it's from TDC if they ever get theirs produced or from someone else.

How about a gt30 kit/perrin fmic kit/850 injectors/fuel pump install? I was planning on taking a weekend to get everything done, but if there's the possibility of multiple non-noob hands on the car...

That's it's own install day, unless we get a pro that's done it before there. I'm definitely in to help out, but It may bee too much for one day, especially if we have a couple other installs on our hands. We may be able to get the FMIC done though, as long as all the piping and fittings are there.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

I suppose since I am one of the guys that this day was kind of put together for I guess I should probably confirm that I am in fact going to be there. So baring any unseen circumstances I will be there with a brand spanking new set of MR Outback coilovers to install.

1. praedet

3. CoSpringsSpecB

4. Bskey

5. Isuace

6. han

7. djmonkey841

8. Enthusiast

9. ScoobySTi07

P.S. Thanks to all of you that are coming out for this.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

Is there any cutting/can opener type of tool at the shop? I have a Nippon oil filter I'm interested in opening up to see how good they are.

Ted, could you send out a little direction on how to get to the auto hobby shop? Thanks.

Archived