LegacyGT.com

Basic upgrades?

frathouse87

Alright, I don;t want to spend a boatload on the suspension. But the main things I wanted to get rid of was the squatting with acceleration, diving on braking, and the excessive body roll.

My thoughts were to get the F/R Cobb Swaybars and Cobb sport springs which work with the factory struts but offer a 1.75-1.5" drop.

Sound good?

Zac

Yes that will greatly reduce roll and squatting. If you want to be even more aggresive go with Tein S techs for the springs. Less aggresive would be Tein H techs. Cobbs are right in the middle
PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

I'll have iON sport spec's for sale in a few weeks. 12K on them (they last forever) Selling for about $200 ($389 new). Been very happy with them over the past year or so. Upgrading to JDM struts...so they will not fit.

Drop...30mm (1.18") front, 25mm (1") rear

iON sport spec:

Fronts: progressive

4.0kg/mm (228lbs.) 5.2kg/mm 2" (297lbs.)

Rear: linear

6.7kg/mm (387lbs.)

Tein S-Tech:

Front: 235lbs/in Rear: 336lbs/in Sedan Spring Ride Hight: Front: -1.5" Rear: -1.5"

OOOO pics.

(iON's and 225/45/17 RE960)

BTW....springs will make more of a bang for the buck improvement than sways. You could also just upgrade the rear sway bar with a JDM bar. Nice improvment and save you some cash.

IMG_7686.thumb.jpg.b9d854ef8fc8d2a475aec316ef463b8c.jpg

IMG_7687.thumb.jpg.3a7e89951fcf3f67e271d567fa682852.jpg

IMG_7688.thumb.jpg.d4eee77a3dda58648277b81d9bb2d7f9.jpg

also as for the sale, a 1 inch drop wouldnt really do it for me sorry. But sounds like nice stuff

mmmkay. you know the more travel you take out of your suspension the less effective it will be. i don't think Tein are a high enough rate spring in the back to prevent bottoming out given the 1.5" drop. anyway, good luck with your search.

Thanks bud. I mean I do far less than hard driving. The worst I do is launching sometimes. That;s why I brought up squatting. If I dont bottom out on a harsh launch...then I'm not worried bout anything else.

Zac

Thanks bud. I mean I do far less than hard driving. The worst I do is launching sometimes. That;s why I brought up squatting. If I dont bottom out on a harsh launch...then I'm not worried bout anything else.

Zac

you should be fine then. enjoy the new stance.

Archived