LegacyGT.com

2006 Spec.b Pre-owned value???

So, I got my new wheels and went Auto-crossing last weekend.

(pics and video to come shortly)

I placed 5th out of 5 in my class (D-stock) LOL... That means I suck. :lol:

But in MY world, I justify it by saying everyone else in my class had R-compound tires and more experience driving their car... plus I still beat out some mean rides in other classes.

Anyway, as usual I got the bug to go car shopping again after seeing all the fun toys at the Auto-X. When I went to run numbers I realized I can't get a blue book value on a spec.b? Does that mean the spec.b was overlooked OR no one considers it special and I'm forced to take regular LGT values to the negotiating table?

I've never owned a vehicle that was 1 out of 500. What entitlements can be expected? Thoughts?

My suggestion would be to take the difference in msrp ($5700) and subtract 50% ($2850).

I blue booked a 06 lgt 5spd with all the options of a spec.b and got 22,155, add 2850 to that and you are looking at 25,005.

However edmunds books the lgt at 20,458 and spec.b at 24,385.

Don't expect anything extra for a Spec B over a regular GT when trading the car in. Dealers are not going to care and are probably going to whole sale the car out anyway.

You may be able to get more for it being a Spec B through a private party, but you would have to find the right buyer.

That being said, trade interiors with me!

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

Don't expect anything extra for a Spec B over a regular GT when trading the car in. Dealers are not going to care and are probably going to whole sale the car out anyway.

I disagree, I think you would definitely get more than a regular GT. But by how much, I don't know. Since its still fairly new, I would guess that you get the same ratio of the MSRP difference to a regular GT after taking into account depreciation.

I also don't think that the dealer would just whole sale the car. Its a fairly new car, I would think that most dealerships (even non-subbie) would try and turn around and sell your car.

I really enjoy the car. In one breath I'm talking about selling it, in another breath I'm downloading Enginuity and other open source software to tune it.. It's just my way. LOL... but still, its good to know where you stand on your auto loan regardless, right?

Archived