LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest in a new equal length header

Boostjunkie

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really sure if I'll ever go past my basic Stage 2 and do a header, but if I do this one sounds like exactly what I'd want! It will definitely be tempting.

:subscribe:

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Hey Paul if you need a test subject for these while the BEAST is being rebuilt, let me know! LOL

What happend to your car?

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Wagon Specific Fitment??

Ghetto Subscription...lol

so are you selling yours?;)
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

nah...but i like to support the cause, and if he needs to test fit on a wagon, i'm here for him!! ;)

hey I'm closer.:lol:

I'm already starting to think about this header more and more! Question: would adding a header to a basic Stage 2 (UP+DP) tune require a new map? What would change when 'tuning' for headers?

I'm already starting to think about this header more and more! Question: would adding a header to a basic Stage 2 (UP+DP) tune require a new map? What would change when 'tuning' for headers?

Changing to equal length headers will almost certainly necessitate changing the AVCS map to maximize the performance. Optimizing the AVCS will improve your spool and torque.

You may also need to change the WGDC and boost if it is freer flowing.

However, nothing bad will happen if you keep the same map. You'll just be leaving some power on the table.

You'll just be leaving some power on the table.

Cool, that's pretty much what I was thinking - thanks!

I know that WGDC = Waste Gate Duty Cycle, but I'm not sure what AVCS is...?

Cool, that's pretty much what I was thinking - thanks!

I know that WGDC = Waste Gate Duty Cycle, but I'm not sure what AVCS is...?

AVCS = Active Valve Control System which is the Subaru acronym for the variable valve timing we have on out intake cam.

interested subscribe.

this ought to be interesting. I like it NOT having an UP...as the 07 UPs are catless anyway. No need for me to change it really.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

So '07 and '08's won't need to get the uppipe/header combo, right? Just the headers. Is it suggested to still get an after market uppipe too?

Someone will likely disagree, but the only real reason to change the up is to remove the cat. On anything other than a heavily tuned engine, any non-cat'd up is virtually the same. I would not consider doing an up on an '07/'08.

I'd like to see thicker walled tubing on these compared to the MR headers. Maybe it will cut down on the 'singing' some.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

what the hell how did i miss this?!?!?!?

i spend too much time in the SoCal whoring thread :lol:

any updates or ETA?

thats what you get! haha i try to stay away from that thread as much as possible..

Archived