LegacyGT.com

BBS RE's vs Rota Formula Mesh

fressshhh

BBS RE's or Rota Formula Mesh's  

25 members have voted

1. 1. BBS RE's or Rota Formula Mesh's

• BBS RE
    • Rota Formula Mesh

Which would you pick and why? What is the weight difference? Is the BBS name and extra cash for the RE's worth the extra $1400? Help me out. Thanks Fred p.s. Do you think they will be releasing BBS CH's in Subaru fitments anytime soon? I was reading the other forged vs. cast thread but I would still like to know your specific opinions on these particualr wheels.

[quote name='fressshhh']Which would you pick and why? What is the weight difference? Is the BBS name and extra cash for the RE's worth the extra $1400? Help me out. Thanks Fred p.s. Do you think they will be releasing BBS CH's in Subaru fitments anytime soon? I was reading the other forged vs. cast thread but I would still like to know your specific opinions on these particualr wheels.[/QUOTE] 1) depends on your size for weight differences.. I just opt with cheaper wheels if they are going to be trashed around a lot. Heck, you can buy TWO sets of Rotas for the price of BBS (one for track use and one for daily driving). Unless you have money to burn and track events to goto, Rotas will be your better choice. I dont think the REs are as light as you think compared to other wheels out in the market. My SSR GT7-H 2-piece forged are 18 lbs for 18x8. 2) you are paying for quality when it comes to BBS as well as a bling factor. STi BBS you can buy used from the Impreza guys for a decent price. 3) The CHs come in 17"s that already fit the 2.5RS Impreza.. so you can get those sizes if you wish, they work on GTs as far as I know.. if it doesnt clear the calipers on the spokes, you can run a 3mm spacer or just get a CH rim with the correct offset. 4) I opted for SSRs over BBS due to sizing differences vs. pricing.. both of my SSRs are forged as well, and my SSR Comps are light, and I do mean light!
Keefe

You're talking to rim master here ;) I am sure some way they will fit.. tirerack pairs up the rims to the cars on the very safe side. That's why you wont find some wheels on the GT or on the WRX, but they can work.. they have liability issues to deal with.. I dont cuz I am not the one selling them :p Keefe
Keefe

Plasma 18x8 or 18x8.5 BBS CH would be cool on a modded legacy. REs are cool, And for the lower key look, I like the RG-Rs. They are so expensive, though. SSRs are good quality, and forged, and cheaper, but don't look quite as good as mesh BBS wheels, IMHO. After a rim break in a ASA wheel on my wife's miata, I would want to go with really quality cast rims, or forged, for more strength. A chunk of ice of of a vehicle in front damaged the wheel (cracked/stretched the center of the valley of the rim) more than the tire. The tire was visibly affected, but probably could have held air to get home, it was the rim that I am pretty sure caused the flat. Luckily that was time to put the snows on (first snow of the year a couple years ago.) so I had some time to get a new wheel and tire.

[quote name='fressshhh']What about OZ superleggeras? How are they made? Anyone have experiences with these wheels?[/QUOTE] They are not available in anthracite anymore, otherwise I would have bought them already.

that's because it's replaced by the new Superturismo GT.. the Superleggeras come in the monoblock cast in gold [img]http://www.ozracing.com/shared/car/racing/03_big.jpg[/img] 7x17" & 8x18" cast aluminum.. the Superleggeras come in the monoblock cast in race silver [img]http://www.ozracing.com/shared/car/racing/02_big.jpg[/img] 7x15", 7x16", 7x17", 7x18", 8x17", 8x18", 8X19" & 9x18" cast aluminum here are the Superturismo GT: [img]http://www.ozracing.com/shared/car/racing/28_big.jpg[/img] 6x14", 6½x15", 7x16", 7x17", 7x18", 7½x17", 8x17" & 8x18" Keefe
Keefe

Archived