LegacyGT.com

So what is the final verdict on in-dash rattles?

I've STFA and found numerous discussions, but it seems like there is disagreement on whether or not Subaru will cover the repair of these rattles. My car rattles when I accelerate and it seems to be coming from under/behind the gauge cluster, and the sound comes out of the left top vent that blows onto the glass (to clear it so you can see your mirror). My car has 45k miles so is out of the original warranty, but I have an extended warranty to 100k. Think they'll cover the repair?

I had a rattle that was from a wire slapping against the firewall in the engine bay.

I could duplicate it for the dealer tech, and they fixed it under warranty. I think they found it and zap-strapped it to something to hold it in place. Problem solved. Nothing to do with taking my dash apart and re-attaching it.

It transmitted a rattle right up into the top left vents that I could mimic every time I held the car at around 3K.

This slapping, rattle-causing firewall wire has been common on this forum. Make sure you point it out to your tech. If you can't mimic it for him while in the car, you will probably leave the dealership with it un-fixed, and you being pissed off.

Archived