LegacyGT.com

2007 Spec B

Well I am looking to get a new car within the next month or so....and I have it down to either an 07 Sti (ltd would be nice, but doubt I can still find one), or a 2007 Spec B....First I am leaning towards the spec b rather than the regular gt because I want the 6sp Sti tranny....

Well here is my question....do you think dealerships are going to be more likely to deal on a 2007 spec b now that the 2008's are already out? What do you think would be a fair price to get them down to? Basically I will probably end up getting whichever car I get a better deal on....

Ohh and do you think Cobb will come out with the accessport for the 07 any time soon?? It kinda bothers me to know that it isn't out yet, and makes me not want to mod till it comes out...and I don't like waiting...haha

thanks in advance for all replys

I would get the 07 spec b.if you can find a dealer that has one they will want to sell it fast! its a nice car check mine out in the legacy photos section!!

accessport should be out in june!!! FINALLY

As Rambo said, go for the Spec.B!

You should be able to get it for invoice (if not a bit under). Find out the invoice price with options from a site like Edmunds.com and make it happen. :)

Well here is my question....do you think dealerships are going to be more likely to deal on a 2007 spec b now that the 2008's are already out? What do you think would be a fair price to get them down to? Basically I will probably end up getting whichever car I get a better deal on....

I've spoken to 3 dealers in the last couple of weeks that quoted me anywhere from 32,2xx to 32,7xx for 07 spec.bs depending on options. Good luck ;)

lol

I actually just found a dealership, it is a lil far away about 2 hours.....but they have 2 brand new 2007 Spec Bs, and 2 brand new 2008 Spec Bs.....so I think I am going to try and get in touch with them and see what kinda deal I can get....

I was supposed to be getting a Sti Limimted in jan of this year but something supposedly happened to the order. At that time therre were 3 new ones in the midwest so I would highly doubt finding a new one. You may get lucky and find a used one some where.

Luckily things worked out and I found out that I wouldn't ahve fit in a Sti Limited anyways. I am 6'3" and my head was pinned againist the roof unless I moved the seat to where my head was in the sunroof hole, but the the seat was in a uncomftable position.

My big reason for the Sti Limited was cause of the blue interior was gone. I wanted the performance, could live with the ride. I test drove a 07 spec B and it was a lot more comfortable for me. Problem was the blue seats were back. For 08 they went black alacantara. I placed another order, and my 08 quatrz silver spec B should show up in 6-8 weeks.

I know there is special financing for 07 spec B's, but to early for 08's. You should have no problems getting a 07 for invoice.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to hear from current Spec B owners on a few concers I have regarding the Spec B. first off let me say I am still shopping between an sti (non ltd) and a Spec B...I have priced them out and the difference in monthly payements is negligible...

1. Spec B I thought should have been a little more of an upgraded version...I mean it doesn't have brembo brakes or HID lights...both which are standard on the Sti...

2. Inability to change the stock HU...I mean correct me if I am wrong but you cant change the stock ch changer HU because of the presence of the climate controls..

3.Cost and choice when it comes to aftermaket parts...case in point compare tbe from cobb for spec b and sti.

4.Now don't flame me for this one....because I know it is a limited edition so you don't get a color choice....but I just don't know how sold I am on the color of the spec B....and I don't really like that it went with the same type of interior as the sti...I would have actually prefered if it kept the leather.

5. I won't even mention the power discrepancies....whoops ...did I say that...I mean i know the spec B could make great power...but I am gettin older and don't wanna go too crazy modding again....don't really feel like dealing with a turbo upgrade

Anyways I would really like to hear from Current Spec B owners...especially ones who cross shopped with the STI....WHY DID YOU GO SPEC B?

Anyways I would really like to hear from Current Spec B owners...especially ones who cross shopped with the STI....WHY DID YOU GO SPEC B?

Because the Spec B feels more mature and classy to me than the Sti, i've outgrown riding around in a noisy, stiff impreza and around here, too many WRXs and Stis, the police know them by site. My car, the police just think im a camry and leave me alone.

08 Spec B's you do get a color choice. Mind you its only two....Quartz Silver or Diamond grey but it is still a choice. The 08's also went from the black with blue alacantara seats to black with black alacantara seats. Just like someone just said, cops know to look out for Wrx's and Sti's. Spec B's fly under the radar cause they think its another bland sedan. The insurance is also cheaper on a spec B then a Sti.

I have a 2007 Spec.B and agree entirely. The Spec. is a "mature" car. No attention from cops. Ride is a great combination of comfort AND performance. Lots of mods available.

The Spec. is different. I absolutely love the fact that the interior is different. The inserts are cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter....

Do I need to go on ????

The Spec. is different. I absolutely love the fact that the interior is different. The inserts are cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter....

Do I need to go on ????

agreed, i like the alcantara inserts much better than pure leather for the above reasons.

I have never owned all leather myself but have heard from friends that over time the leather tends to crack and wear quickly when heated seats are used often. The alcantara solves this problem as well

lol

I just got a quote from a stealership for a 07 Spec B at $32,448 plus taxes tags and processing fees. This included the $1000 off, wheel locks, XM, spoiler, and Auto Dim-Compass Rear view mirror. I responded back to him with a "If you can remove the accessories and talk the price a bit we'll talk but as it stand thats way too much considering you have 2008's on the lot" I haven't heard a response yet :p

I just got a quote from a stealership for a 07 Spec B at $32,448 plus taxes tags and processing fees. This included the $1000 off, wheel locks, XM, spoiler, and Auto Dim-Compass Rear view mirror. I responded back to him with a "If you can remove the accessories and talk the price a bit we'll talk but as it stand thats way too much considering you have 2008's on the lot" I haven't heard a response yet :p

Well, I think that's not too shabby a price. I paid just about that for my '06 13 months ago. I say go for it.

:confused:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Well, I think that's not too shabby a price. I paid just about that for my '06 13 months ago. I say go for it.

:confused:

lol, its a pretty good price but I want to get him a bit closer to $32k before I actually go and talk to him. If you remove the extra stuff its like another 1K off....Really I just want to take off the spoiler or switch it with a different car or something. Plus, We're waiting on the next couple of pay checks to decide if we can really afford it....with my new LGT and the house payments....not really sure if we can afford it. I should have waited a couple of months to get a new car but I couldn't. :(

Eric

Another thing that made me even look at the Spec B is that at the dealership website the car was listed as a 2007 Legacy GT Spec B Wagon, and a 2007 Legacy GT Limited Wagon, though both the links go to the same page.

I cross shopped the STI. I was an STI fan for years -- even before they released them here. I dont know what it is but i guess i just out grew that image when i bought my car. I figured i'd prob have this car for at least a few years and by that time i doubt i'll want a spoiler that big or a ride that stiff.

I loved the spec because it was just about the same engine, albeit detuned. It essentially was a grown-up STI with a killer interior and way more anonymity. I'm not one for the flashy image anymore, i know what i have. Others will only know when i step on the gas.

It's boost not boast! :p

I would love to hear from current Spec B owners on a few concers I have regarding the Spec B. first off let me say I am still shopping between an sti (non ltd) and a Spec B...I have priced them out and the difference in monthly payements is negligible...

1. Spec B I thought should have been a little more of an upgraded version...I mean it doesn't have brembo brakes or HID lights...both which are standard on the Sti...

The brakes can be done aftermarket quite well. Check out CreoSTi and Edkwon's cars with their BBKs. Both of their brake kits work much better with the car than Brembos. Oh, and the stock brakes are actually quite good unless you are in the Grand Am Cup Series or something.

HIDs are overrated. The projectors on the LGT in general are excellent. Hopefully, that deceased equine won't have to be corporally punished on this thread.

2. Inability to change the stock HU...I mean correct me if I am wrong but you cant change the stock ch changer HU because of the presence of the climate controls..
Is this different than the STi? The HU is XM compatible, has an Aux In, and the SRS WOW isn't bad, really. I'm certainly not jonesin' for a better unit, but I'm not as much of an audiophile as some of the folks on this board.

3.Cost and choice when it comes to aftermaket parts...case in point compare tbe from cobb for spec b and sti.
What TBE?:lol::spin: Has Cobb ever filled an order for one for the LGT? Yes, if you are looking at Cobb items, LGT parts can be a little more expensive, but check out some vendors like Megan Racing that have some LGT-specific parts that are very affordable with good quality.

4.Now don't flame me for this one....because I know it is a limited edition so you don't get a color choice....but I just don't know how sold I am on the color of the spec B....and I don't really like that it went with the same type of interior as the sti...I would have actually prefered if it kept the leather.
Have you seen DGM in person? It's a very nice color. I was dead-set against anything in the grayscale or silver until I saw DGM in person, and I fell in love with it right away. Much of the "fluid" look of black when it's clean, and it still looks good a few days (not to mention a few hours) after a wash, unlike OBP.

As for the interior, again, I have to ask whether you've seen one in person. The interior is not the same as an STi. It's hybrid charcoal gray leather with silver stitching and dusk blue Alcantara. The interior of this car draws rave reviews from everybody who rides in it, from my buddies with Mustang Cobras and Honda S2ks to visiting customers with high-end Audis and BMWs.

5. I won't even mention the power discrepancies....whoops ...did I say that...I mean i know the spec B could make great power...but I am gettin older and don't wanna go too crazy modding again....don't really feel like dealing with a turbo upgrade
This is a little inconsistent with your previous questions about turboback exhausts and such. A stage 2 (downpipe + tune) LGT is dead even with a stock STi. No turbo upgrade is needed.

I didn't even bother to cross-shop with the STi, exactly for the reasons folks cited above. Also, I'd like an adult human being over 4' to be able to sit in the back seat. Shoot, I can drop some clean 6 mill visquine in the back and haul cargo in my spec.B if I want. Try that in an STi.:lol:
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...first I wanted to thank everyone for their responses...I can see where they are comming from...I thought I was pretty much definetly sold on getting an STI...But since I am going to be starting medical school soon, and I realize that I need to get something a little more grown up...I am going to get the 2008 Legacy GT Spec B....Hopefully in Quarts silver Metallic....After driving both I must say i was surprised with how much fun the spec b was to drive...I mean I loved the sti but there were just a few features that ended up selling me on the spec B...The interior, 60/40 rear folding seat ( big plus when I will be having to move), sun roof, heated seats and side mirrors....And the dealer was actually offering me a better deal on the spec b then on an sti (but it was for the one they had in DGM) so I am not sure what the price would be if I had to order one in QSM...

so I just got one question left...for those of you that wanted a car that the dealer didn't have and they had to order it, how long did it take?

I just picked up my 08 QSM spec B last weekend. I did have to have it ordered since the dealer didn't have a 08 in stock, and I knew what options I wanted. It took around 6 weeks to show up. I was expecting more towards 8, but I guess they cranked it out quicker. They may not want to deal on a car they order just because they do have one in stock, but you can try.

Actually I spent most of the day emailing various subaru dealerships in my area, and they were able to find a few 5 in pa that were in the QSM color i wanted...so they should be able to do a dealer trade for me and get it in a couple days...I should be able to go to the dealership on monday and talk some more on the numbers and put my depoiste down...then hopefully by wednesday...well hopefully wednesday with be NEW CAR DAY!!!

Instead of going through the one dealer, why not try dealing with one of the dealers that have what you want in stock directly? If they are close enough you'd be better off just doing that instead of having to deal with a middle man that has to get your car. Also if they have the car in stock they are a lot more inclined to make a deal on it instead of having to swap cars with another dealership that may or may not want to trade.

Archived