LegacyGT.com

Sad to see who works on our cars

Took my 05 LGT 5M in to a dealership in Florida with the following claims

1. Cust states car studders/hesistates under moderate acceleration.

RESPONSE: Could not verify, check ECM for latest software, latest software loaded at last visit. Tech advises that customer not use low octane fuel.

2. Cust states FM reception is lost when rear defroster is switched on.

RESPONSE: Could not duplicate.

3. Cust states he went for an alignment and was advised that right front control arm bushing is torn.

RESPONSE: Advise customer bushing is not defective at this time

4. Cust states right rear wheel has no parking brake

RESPONSE: Adjusted parking brake cable.

5. Cust states driver door inner handle won't stay on.

RESPONSE: Handle ordered, customer advised not to remove door skin.

Ok, now I come get the car, try not to laugh at the responses and then pull into the service aisle with the radio on loudly. I call the service writer back and when he sticks his head in the car, I push the rear def button. SHHHHHHHHHHH, static. He looks at me and says " Oh that button"

I tell him I am not comfortable driving the car with the bushing damaged, and ask how much they will charge to change it, he says " If it has to be replaced its part of the control arm, it will be done under warranty, but the tech says it is not that bad."

I really wanted this car and travelled hella far to get it, but based on the numb response from Subaru and their dealers, I will be going back to Toyota/Lexus. I have less than 20k on the car and I'm getting the mystery rattles, rough idle, loud gear whine and I live in FL, some of the smoothest and flattest roads in the country.

Anyone have any recommendations or a more competant dealer in south florida

Opie seems to have a good rep aroung these parts, if you're willing to make the trek I'd bet he'd handle it.

Otherwise, in south FL, my advise would be to find a large competitive dealer as close by as you can and air your frustration. The "car dealer" mentality can be manipulated.

Good Luck!

Opie, I have a case in Tampa next week so I may be able to swing by.

Whats your address. In the mean time, I removed the left front wheel and photographed the torn bushing. When I go to collect my door handle, I'm gonna ask to see the service manager and ask him if thats what they consider safe. i'm betting the tech had the car on a drive on lift and just looked under it. The bushing I was referring to is the donut shape buhsing at the rear of the control arm that has its radial axis pointed up and down, kinda hard to see a tear like that.

BTW, my service advisor found out that I am a forensic engineer that specializes in vehicle accidents and component failure and now he's trying very hard to be my best friend; I told him what I do for a living should have no impact on what he does for a living.

BTW, my service advisor found out that I am a forensic engineer that specializes in vehicle accidents and component failure and now he's trying very hard to be my best friend; I told him what I do for a living should have no impact on what he does for a living.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That'll get'em quakin' in their boots, stick it to 'em brother.

Opie, I have a case in Tampa next week so I may be able to swing by.

Whats your address.

6402 W. Hillsborough Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634

+1 for Mastro :)

Kyle needs a raise :hide:

Sadly, Kyle has left.

He finished his school and is now working as a firefighter. :(

I got my catback exhaust and intake today but I am hesitant to put in on since Subaru may be looking for every excuse possible to deny work or transfer blame.

While we here know that these items will not cause a control arm bushing to tear, I won't put it beyond those characters to come up with that.

I'm gonna take a pic of the bushing tomorrow and post it.

Kmar, I had the same reception problem too and it was the wrong type of rear window that was installed. Something to do with where the antenna in the window is. When I took mine to the dealer they replaced the whole window.

My dealer said the same thing about not being able to duplicate studder and could not duplicate the rattle in the sunroof. They ordered parts for the infamous cubby rattle and said there was a bullitin on this from Subaru. Anywho they told me to take the tech for a ride to duplicate the studder and sunroof. lets hope they can get this figured out.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

Archived