LegacyGT.com

Question for the younger crowd

I noticed quite a few of the owners of LGT's were under 30 and also noticed a few were already talking about mods for the LGT. I'm an older guy and I got this because I don't want to do mods, I mean why didn't you guys buy an STI? It's faster, handles better and has more of the fast and furious look already. Please, nobody take offense but I had a WRX and one reason why I got rid of it was because of the clean lines and refinement of the LGT. I'm sure this is so sort of a generation gap thought process but I honestly would hate to see a bunch of modified LGT's, running around.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt i will go mod crazy, but to be honest, I never really liked the design of the WRX. For me personally it was too small and too futuristic i guess. Not to mention the ridiculous insurance costs and the fact there is one around every corner. Don't get me wrong the STI is a great car, but not something i would want for a daily driver. I wanted something which had some go and was still nice and refined on the inside. To me both the WRX / STI were not those cars. They certainly had the engine, but no where even close on the interior. Not everyone is interested in the "fast and furious" look. The STI was out right away because its just too flashy and overkill for what i was looking for. I don't htink there is anything wrong with modded LGT's though, as far as i am concerned go crazy. The LGT will never be as mod happy as the WRX, but insurance was MUCH cheaper. Modding is more of a way to give your car not only more go if you want it, but more to add a little personality to it.

I wanted to collect my 11-sec timseslips in comfort :) Seriously, it's all about the total experience. Right now I'm maybe 4 mph behind a stock STi, something that's easily rectified and I'll still have more "car" when I'm not hauling ass. My car will look & sound stock even after it's got 150+ more hp than stock. At 30, I may not be quite in the younger crowd anymore but I'm not that old either :D

[quote name='Bob N']I noticed quite a few of the owners of LGT's were under 30 and also noticed a few were already talking about mods for the LGT. I'm an older guy and I got this because I don't want to do mods, I mean why didn't you guys buy an STI? It's faster, handles better and has more of the fast and furious look already. Please, nobody take offense but I had a WRX and one reason why I got rid of it was because of the clean lines and refinement of the LGT. I'm sure this is so sort of a generation gap thought process but I honestly would hate to see a bunch of modified LGT's, running around.[/QUOTE] for me, i wanted the performance of the STi, but the mildmannerness of a sedan. it wanted a balance of being practical, yet having the sportiness and power available to me. also, the LGT was less expensive than the STi. i have no plans to mod my LGT, as i have a running bet with my best friend. obviously it's tempting....

A lot of my friends asked me why I didn't get the STI and I told them that the legacy is more of my style. I don't like the attention of driving down the street and everybody looking at my car, of course a few looks are ok but not at every stop light. Plus the legacy is more refined and comfortable than the STI and WRX. I guess I agree with most of the people on this thread. :)
That's a damn good sugar cookie.

Dear Bob, There are many reasons for choosing a LGT over a STi, as many above have stated. It's much less in terms of "look at me" styling and price as well as insurance costs. Otherwise it delivers comparable performance and potential equal to that of the STi less the roughness and the "excessive" styling. Believe it or not, not all of us "young bucks" like the attention, especially from the cops. Sincerely, Teh DM

[font='Times New Roman']Because I don’t want to be considered in the younger crowd. Im a mature 26 and work hard in a VERY conservative industry. Showing up every day in an STI would give the wrong impression. I also don’t see the Leg as the cop magnet the STI/WRX is. Not to mention the comfort and luxury when driving the wife around. :D ---Sleeper---:D [/font]

I've always liked the understated. I couldn't see myself driving an SRT-4 or some other crazy fast no-comfort car. The LGT is perfect in virtually every way, and I can smoke my buddies too.

I'm 19 and I wanted an automatic transmission (if anybody wants to flame me over this- get a life!), plus I know that I would never be able to use all the capabilities of the STi and its power. I think the price for the Legacy is also more palatable, and it is a balance between luxury and performance. Did I forget the insurance is only $600 more than my 1993 Camry? :D

I like the Legacy because of almost everything everyone said above. I want to have a car that looks good but doesn't scream "Race Me!". I also hate that ridiculous wing and hood scoop and I'd rather have a regular WRX over an STi (call me crazy). I also like the fact that the car is a lot more mature, and hopefully that status will be maintained by us members here. :) (None of that SPT silver flames stuff).
-ben

Honestly I think we're in the same boat. I'm 24, and I feel too old for it. The STi is smaller, less comfortable, gets worse gas mileage, is more technically complicated and most likely less reliable, the insurance is a lot higher, it's extremely attention-grabbing, and the suspension just isn't set up for daily driving.

[quote name='Bob N']I noticed quite a few of the owners of LGT's were under 30 and also noticed a few were already talking about mods for the LGT. I'm an older guy and I got this because I don't want to do mods, I mean why didn't you guys buy an STI? It's faster, handles better and has more of the fast and furious look already. Please, nobody take offense but I had a WRX and one reason why I got rid of it was because of the clean lines and refinement of the LGT. I'm sure this is so sort of a generation gap thought process but I honestly would hate to see a bunch of modified LGT's, running around.[/QUOTE] I think if you got a Grand Marquis or Cadillac you wouldn't have this problem :lol: JUST KIDDING...Honestly, 1. Not a Cop Magnet 2. Extra .5 liter engine displacement 3. More room (I alternate with friends driving to Vermont to Snowboard.) 4. Interior doesn't look like plastic 5. Cheaper Price 6. As Bean Boy Said MOST BANG FOR THE BUCK (Can’t afford S4, Xi, etc. etc.) 7. Want AWD but don't want an SUV

Yea, you guys are correct on the most bang for the buck, more practical and so on. Has anyone ever wondered how WRX's (2005) are going to sell? They are almost the same price as LGT's with nowhere near the features? I mean at my Subaru dealership, the sticker on WRX's are not cheap!

Archived