LegacyGT.com

Anyone buy the borla headers?

f85stealth

Anyone buty the borla headers? I been goign back and forth on what i wanna get and i see they are the only manufacturer with a million mile warranty. So my question is if u had borla headers have they broken and borla replaced at no charge? I dont care if they break but if i dont have to spend the money to fix them fair game to me.

:lol:

:lol: = replaced them three times do to catastrophic failure.

Sure, you'll get new ones to replace your borked set, but what's your time worth? Oh, and new gaskets don't come with the 1,000,000,000,000 mile warranty replacement parts.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Most of the headers have a slip joint or flex section to allow for expansion and contraction as it heats up and cools down. The Borla doesn't and this results in stress on the welds. Check out the headers listings in the reviews section.

no one had rated or reviewd any headers in that link you posted but nuff said about the borla headers i am just looking for somethign good at a reasonable price and just need some guidance

My advice: Stay stock. Nothing will outlast the stock manifold.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/SteveISU/BlownHeader.jpg

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I had a Borla on my WRX...they were the Gen 2 version. I wrapped them with thermotec velocity jackets and heavy duty aluminum foil...I could actually tell a difference in spool. The boxer sound was intensified and coupled with my custom turboback, it sounded like a big block Chevy.

I only had them for 20k miles, but there were no issues with them during that time.

I have GPMoto EL headers now, sounds like a Honda, but makes good power. But they are ver. 2 welded...have not heard of any issues with GPM or others (except the Borla) about the solid vs. slip fit type, except for complaints about leaking at the slips joints.

Archived