LegacyGT.com

Time for the ultimate driver

Pissing contest !!!!! :lol: I'm not sure RC0032 even has a car.

You are not taking into account load requirements and the time it takes to build boost (I won't call it "lag" so as not to offend anyone"). A Legacy or an STi with a large (let's say larger than a 20g turbo) is not responsive off cruise at all in 1st or second gear and only a little in third. The fact is that 400whp from 2.5 liters is a huge amount. There is a reason that motors come in larger sizes and turbocharging is not the solution to every problem.

Have you ever driven a naturally aspirated car that had 400 whp? The driveability is not comparable.

Actually, I haven't driven a NA car with more than ~ 300hp. They've all been supercharged or turboed. I can tell you the FP Greened Galant VR4 I drove once was very good at normal driving and still trapped 118-120 mph. It may not have had the "throttle tip" snap response of a NA car but it made up for it with the huge midrange thrust that makes turbo cars so much fun.

My brother had a Supra with a single turbo & automatic which is supposed to be horrible to drive around town. His was the exact opposite. If anything, it was much more usable in traffic than with the stock twins. It dynoed at ~ 405whp at 18psi on 93 octane.

I'll never disagree that a larger engine is always better. I'd take a turboed H6 Subaru in a heartbeat. A basic turbo for the Mustang's 4.6 or even a STS turbo for F-bodies makes a very powerful car. The day I can get that package in an AWD sedan, I'll buy it.

I've considered some crazy car combos before, like adapting a Mustang turbo kit to fit a Grand Marquis. I'd like to own a LT1 Roadmaster with forced induction and massive handling mods but a stock outside appearance. A debadged Kia Amante with a supercharger kit meant for the Tiburon would be interesting. I want a Lightning's 5.4 liter with a pair of turbos for my 56 Ford Fairlane. See -- I'm always about something different!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't read the entire thread, but...

Talk to Perrin about a de-tuned H6 tubro swap. That'd do the trick! If they can make 600whp, 400whp would be cake.

Brakes & suspension can be done for 3-5k, leaving you 25k to get a build turbo H6 into your Leggy.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had an 05 STi, which I turned into a do-it-yourself STi Limited by getting a wingless Impreza trunk lid, a twin-tip Borla exhaust, and debadging it. Except for the big hood scoop and fat tires, which most people didn't notice, it looked like your grandma's Impreza.

As sleepers go, it was pretty complete, and it was just a lot of fun. So I can empathize with this entire set of aspirations. Go for it! HPH

I'd love to see a Legacy with the H6T setup - I saw an H6T STi that PDX Tuning put together run at Subiefest 2, and...wow. It's worth it for the sound alone.

Do it :)

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

• 1 year later...
rabydanimal,

I will be very precise on what i want, and yes, beating anything in a race is far from my goal..

Where i live, and i cannot tell you why (maybe this happens everywhere), left lane bandits will drive just slow enough to create a line of backup traffic behind them ( i have seen them often drive 5 mph below the posted limit) . As soon as there is a break in traffic, they speed up (and i have seen them go 80 mph or more) to a speed that prevents other from getting around them. As soon as traffic doesnt allow anyone to pass them, they slow down again.

On and on this goes, until their exit, at which point they have no problem changing 4 lanes at once, nearly killing a few folks in the process, so that they can get on surface streets and piss of a few dozen other drivers.

In the RARE event that the left lane coma victim is in something that has some power, i want to be able to not have that be a factor. I simply want to get by them, slow back down, and continue on my merry way in a driving lane to the right of where they have staked out their claim.

I have zero interest in anyone else unless they insist on having interest in me and everyone around them in preventing us from driving a speed WE are comfortable with.

In essense, the left lane bandits become the self appointed speed monitor, and with a fast car (which actually mine already is 90 percent of time), I get to go bye-bye. But I want my car to be faster 99.9 percent of the time, and am willing to pay for it (and have some blurry stuff occur in the process)

Ah yes, the Minnesota Roadblock. I witness it often during my commute.

My LGT isn't quite up to what you say you want, but it's close (310hp/360tq). Let me tell ya, it is plenty to get around just about anyone. In some cases, I don't even have to shift out of 5th. At a steady 70mph, the engine is around 3K RPM, and when you tip into the throttle, it builds boost IMMEDIATELY. I had the work done by Matt @ RS Motors in Burnsville. HIGHLY recommended.

My mods are:

catless UP & DP

STi throttle map

dyno tune

removed intake silencer

Cobb R&F sway bars and end links

Perrin TMIC

Archived