LegacyGT.com

just headers on a NA

bjmsdrum00

They're not touching now - not much of a gap but 5mm anyhow. Don't hear the rattle/resonance anymore.

I have heard a tap if I let the engine shudder a bit - say when you don't feather the clutch enough at a very low rpm in reverse... So, I'll drive it for a bit and see how it goes - apparently some tension will heat out of the headers after a few more cycles and they may move a bit I guess.

I've got two kartboy exhaust hangers that I will be using at the rear on the mufflers too. That may tighten up the system a bit too.

^^ In that case.... you may want to put some heat wrap on both the pipe and line

I may have heated the steering fluid up quite a bit already - wonder if it's really a concern. They run relatively close to each other normally anyway so I expect it shouldn't be too bad. Constant heating via a direct connection would be another thing tho'.

For reference, here are couple of vids of the exhaust, before and after the header install.

Car is a 2005 Legacy 2.5i wagon with 5MT. Custom 2.5" resonator back with 2 Magnaflow 14827s. Running stock intake with Perrin panel filter and airbox silencer removed.

before: [ame=

]
[/ame]

after: [ame=

]
[/ame]

Archived