LegacyGT.com

Woo hoo...sways ordered

BoxerGT2.5

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5']Perrin Sways shipped on Dec1st w/endlinks. Front and rear are adjustable. The endlinks are not their original "C" style. $170 front $210 rear $120 endlinksX2 for front and rear. :)[/QUOTE] Those are expensive endlinks!!!! :eek: Did you check AVO? I got both front and rear for $55!!!! Metal and fully adjustable!

[quote name='B4_Maniac']Those are expensive endlinks!!!! :eek: Did you check AVO? I got both front and rear for $55!!!! Metal and fully adjustable![/QUOTE] How did you get both front and rear for $55? They only list fronts on the website?
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

[quote name='B4_Maniac']They are adjustable..u just adjust them for length from front and back. So u just order two sets of fronts.:D[/QUOTE] AHHH....was gonna say...your got a inside scoop that you wanna share?? :D What was shipping???

This is what I got from Jeff earlier today. [font=Arial]"As for suspension, we also on this BOSAL car have our new swaybars (22mm adjustable) front and rear. I am not 100% sure that they fit the outback, but I think they will. As for the springs, we are not going to do those at this time, but we could get you some H&R’s. The H&R’s are little ways away at this point."[/font] [font=Arial]The mesaage here is use at your own risk on an Outback.[/font] [font=Arial]Charlie[/font]

[quote name='Xenonk']Well, what are the adjustments mount up to? The Vacanza rear sway acts like a 23mm when you use the "shorter" hole. What are the specs on the Perrin ones? Keefe[/QUOTE] I think their the same prinicple different language. Some companies will say adjustable 21-23mm..but all you are really doing is changing the pretension.

Hey, here's Kevin's dumb swaybar question: Why not just source a bar from the JDM GT? It's 20mm at the rear, it's an OE part, and would preclude having the change the front. It would leave the GT with a 21F/20R swaybar setup. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Hey, here's Kevin's dumb swaybar question: Why not just source a bar from the JDM GT? It's 20mm at the rear, it's an OE part, and would preclude having the change the front. It would leave the GT with a 21F/20R swaybar setup. Kevin[/QUOTE] I think alot of people want to beable to set the car up for slight more oversteer (not much), but don't want the front plowing. So they want a bigger sway in the rear.

why not just step it even more and get front sways to eliminate more roll? :p Nothing wrong with the individual's suspension setups.. not everyone need to have a 23mm rear bar, and not everyone need to have just a 17mm bar or 19mm bar. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='Xenonk']why not just step it even more and get front sways to eliminate more roll? :p Nothing wrong with the individual's suspension setups.. not everyone need to have a 23mm rear bar, and not everyone need to have just a 17mm bar or 19mm bar. Keefe[/QUOTE] I'm all for gettin nutty with it. Roll is my enemy. :D

[quote name='gtguy']Hey, here's Kevin's dumb swaybar question: Why not just source a bar from the JDM GT? It's 20mm at the rear, it's an OE part, and would preclude having the change the front. It would leave the GT with a 21F/20R swaybar setup. Kevin[/QUOTE]AAAAK! You ruined my suprise. I am doing this now with Paul Hansesn. I came to the conclusion the front sway was big enough for the car (and my needs) when I installed my coilovers. But, the rear one had to go. Paul suggested just getting the rear JDM bar. Wich I agree with 100%.. Tried to ask Racecomp about it..and they tried to sell me a full set..front and back..when I didn't ASK for nor want a full set.. Not the kind of responce I was looking for..no offence Racecomp.

I'm setting it up now - figuring out the pricing from Subaru along with the shipping cost. A group order may be the way go to with the rear swaybar given the shipping prices from Japan. JDM is 21mm front, 20mm rear. Combined with the JDM suspension setup, this is what eliminates all that body roll and provides an aggressively neutral corner attitude. At the last hill climb where I finally had a chance to work the suspension fully, this had me doing smooth and controlled 4-wheel drifts with only a touch of understeer. Depending on driving style it can easily be induced into oversteer. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

[quote name='apexjapan']I'm setting it up now - figuring out the pricing from Subaru along with the shipping cost. A group order may be the way go to with the rear swaybar given the shipping prices from Japan. JDM is 21mm front, 20mm rear. Combined with the JDM suspension setup, this is what eliminates all that body roll and provides an aggressively neutral corner attitude. At the last hill climb where I finally had a chance to work the suspension fully, this had me doing smooth and controlled 4-wheel drifts with only a touch of understeer. Depending on driving style it can easily be induced into oversteer. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url="http://www.avoturboworld.com/"]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url="http://www.apexjapan.com"]www.apexjapan.com[/url][/QUOTE] And he is back ladies and gentlemen! Let me know when u have things worked out.. CC primed and ready! :p B4

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='apexjapan']I'm setting it up now - figuring out the pricing from Subaru along with the shipping cost. A group order may be the way go to with the rear swaybar given the shipping prices from Japan. JDM is 21mm front, 20mm rear. Combined with the JDM suspension setup, this is what eliminates all that body roll and provides an aggressively neutral corner attitude. At the last hill climb where I finally had a chance to work the suspension fully, this had me doing smooth and controlled 4-wheel drifts with only a touch of understeer. Depending on driving style it can easily be induced into oversteer. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url][/QUOTE] What about something for us OB folks? Could we use the same parts? If so, I'd be in for a GB. BTW, do those adjustable endlinks on your site also fit the OB?

The Outback uses longer endlinks than the Legacy, I don't think ours extend far enough for a stock suspension setup. If somebody had used lowering springs on their Outback, they should be just right. If somebody knows the rear swaybar diameter size for the USDM model Outback, let me know and I will check to see if the JDM Outback has a larger rear swaybar as well. If so, there should not be a problem in ordering them too. And just to keep everybody up to date on this, we are also working a deal with another supplier of suspension parts for further upgraded front and rear stabilizer bars for both the Legacy GT and the Outback. Also lowering springs as well for the Outback, not just the Legacy GT. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

Archived