LegacyGT.com

Thule racks for 05 sedan

Max Capacity

Thule just released the mount kit for the 05 legacy sedans. 400 XT Areo Foot Pack LB50 Load Bars 197 Foot Kit I just ordered mine for my GT Wagon. I need the Sedan kit so I can mount the front cross bar over the front doors so I can move the Ski box forward so the wing on the hatch will clear the box.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I tryed my 1998 sedan kit and it would not fit. I believe it is a 400 Areo Foot Pack. I tryed it the other day the angle is different and the load bars won't fit.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

[quote name='Max Capacity']Thule just released the mount kit for the 05 legacy sedans. 400 XT Areo Foot Pack LB50 Load Bars 197 Foot Kit I just ordered mine for my GT Wagon. I need the Sedan kit so I can mount the front cross bar over the front doors so I can move the Ski box forward so the wing on the hatch will clear the box.[/QUOTE] Are you sure it's going to fit the wagon?? The wagon roof shape up front is slightly different because of the blisters for the rack rails and the way they fair back into the roofline. In addition, the wagon roofline itself is a smidge higher and the extra height seems to be added above the top of the windows. If there is some leeway in the fit with these new clips, it may be OK, but I don't think you'll know until you try! Craig

This is funny, I answered this from home last night, wonder why it didn't get posted. Craig, I know if it will work when I try it. Should be next week sometime. After all Thule USA is about a hour drive from me. But with shipping, it could take a week or more.

I tried to fit the Thule rack from our WRX wagon last night onto the new Legacy wagon......No-Go. Looks like I will put it up on eBay....only an Outback or WRX owner would be able to use it as it needs the raised rails to work. At least I have the bike trays and kayaks racks that should fit the factory cross-bars (Mont-Blanc). Does anyone know if the OEM cross-bars lock to the car?

The Legacy GT Wagon comes with flat, wide cross bars OEM in Canada. They do have locks on them. None of my Thule attachments except maybe the box will fit these bars. Interestingly, the square bar kit listed on the Subaru USA site is not available in Canada. Instead I have ordered the Thule 440 with SR2 adapters which will fit the GT Wagon. I wonder if the square bar kit available in the USA is, in fact, a Thule product.

They certainly look to be Thule. I have the Thule 440 with SR2 adapters already and would like to use them.....it doesn't look like they will work. I sent an email to Thule to verify this is what they recommend....their site is a little vague.

I have already received email back from Thule indicating that the 440 kit with SR2 adapters will fit the Wagon. As well I had my local dealer contact the rep who confirmed the same. I agree the Thule site is vague.

I will check it out one night this week....I took the whole thing off the WRX in one piece, so I was a little worried about putting on the (brand new) Legacy without help. I guess I can break it down and put it on like it is new, sintead of with fairing, two bike trays and kayak hoops. Looking at the feet of the rack, it looks the same as the OEM, but the feet need to 'push' into the slots vs. clamping on the WRX rails. I guess the 440 has a screw drive internal mechanism, meaning it should work equally well in the 'push' or 'pull' mode.

hi all, i purchased the square cross bar kit from subaru. i found a dealer online that sold all their accessories for wholesale. the cross bar kit was $106 + s/h. it was way cheaper then the yakima set up and at the time thule didn't have anything out yet. i paired the cross bar kit with a set of yakima Lift Ticket 6 snowboard carriers (4 boards total) and it worked fine, cleared the rear liftgate and it didnt effect the tilt on the moon roof.... here is the website...enjoy. also...they sell all their parts at wholesale. and an interesting thing, the STI strut tower brace for the Legacy, at the dealers its $329, online...its $263+s/h hope that helps any!! [url="http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partdetail.php?partid=1443"]http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partdetail.php?partid=1443[/url]
~Sucka-Duck~

I put the 440 Speciality Railing Carrier with SR2 kit on my 05 GT Wagon three weeks ago. After I returned the OEM system. I didn't like the OEM because it was to short. The bars only were as wide as the roof rails. The Thule 440 bars are 48" long. I believe you saying your 440 Railing system came off your WRX ? I wonder if the WRX Sedan mounts will be the same as the Legacy sedan mounts? By the time I'm finished getting my ski box forward I'll have enough Thule bars and mount Kits to open my own store... I have some Honda kits also.

[quote name='Max Capacity']I put the 440 Speciality Railing Carrier with SR2 kit on my 05 GT Wagon three weeks ago. After I returned the OEM system. I didn't like the OEM because it was to short. The bars only were as wide as the roof rails. The Thule 440 bars are 48" long. I believe you saying your 440 Railing system came off your WRX ? I wonder if the WRX Sedan mounts will be the same as the Legacy sedan mounts? By the time I'm finished getting my ski box forward I'll have enough Thule bars and mount Kits to open my own store... I have some Honda kits also. [/QUOTE] LOL....me too. I have a whole other Thule rack in my garage from my Civic. At least I could grab the accessories from it annd use it on the next two cars. The 440 came off my WRX wagon.....I will have to check the mounts to see if they will work on the LGT....sounds like they do.

Looking at the install manual for the 440, it looks IDENTICAL to the 751XT set-up, save the brackets inside may be a different shape. MAX CAPACITY - could you take a pic of how the 440 clamps onto the flush rail please? I suspect I can make some mods on my brackets or order the SR2 kit and put it on the 751XT I have and make it work, if that is the real difference.

Sorry I don't have a digital camera. The 440kit comes with the new cross bar set. It is not like the old kits where you could get whatever length bars you wanted. The mount and bar is one piece.

thanks jaycee. It looks like the system is identical to the 751, except for the way the outside of the foot meets the groove. The SR2 is the critical piece though, as the 751 has a flat plate that pushes from the inside, with the outside lip wrapping under the bar. This obviously won't work on the LGT, since it's rails are flush.

I was looking at the thule 4 board rack for my esdan but my only concern is will it damage my tints? I wouldnt mind getting it done yearly but i have had them for almost a week now and its way too soon to even think about destroying them. i think my boards may fit int the trunk in a board bag but i should be able to get them throuh the center of the back seat for now if there is a risk.

Archived