LegacyGT.com

Borla header install on an 06 2.5i

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

Anybody know what type of high-flow cat the OP used? I guess I need one with two 02 sensor bungs since the borla header doesn't have any.

I have this really annoying droning noise coming from my heat shieldinging and I think the cat might be going bad because if I floor it up to about 80mph, I start to get a very strong exhaust smell in the cabin, planning on doing a custom exhaust soon.

Since I have had 4-5 people PM me about this in the past couple weeks I figured I will put the pics back up in the thread. Sorry they were down for so long.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Since I have had 4-5 people PM me about this in the past couple weeks I figured I will put the pics back up in the thread. Sorry they were down for so long.

You have to forgive us (the rumb-less) for our outward pours of admiration towards you :lol: i know it may be annoying but think of it as others trying to be like you :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

thanks guys, so the random tech has 2 02 sensor bungs...

i want to replicate frostbite's sound, his car sounds amazing. I won't have the same catback though...

Also the random Tech one is fine but you so dont need a $550 cat pipe to sound good. I priced a High Flow Magna Flow cat shipped for $72 to get that welded inline along with the rest of your exhaust and youre gonna be fine

As long as you have a cat with the o2's on either side you should not throw any codes.

Oh and I am not annoyed, I just figured I would post the pics so that it would be easier for people to see. That way it is just there and they don't have to take the extra step of PM'ing me to get the info they need. If you still have questions feel free to PM me though.

I haven't owned my 2.5i since June of '07 but I still remember most of the stuff I did to it. :D

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

As long as you have a cat with the o2's on either side you should not throw any codes.

Oh and I am not annoyed, I just figured I would post the pics so that it would be easier for people to see. That way it is just there and they don't have to take the extra step of PM'ing me to get the info they need. If you still have questions feel free to PM me though.

I haven't owned my 2.5i since June of '07 but I still remember most of the stuff I did to it. :D

You dumped the 2.5i for a LGT as assume ?

Yeah I traded it in for a 05 LGT 5MT Wagon, but I sold that in April 08 for a 08 WRX 5-door. That was a huge mistake b.c the WRX was always in the shop, we sold it after 3 months b.c of how frustrated we were with it. Now I have a 05 G35x as a daily, my 99 V5 STI swapped RS as the weekend toy and my husband has an 04 FXT as his daily.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Nice you must have kids or dogs or both to keep getting wagons damn a swapped RS you really make us envy you :lol:

We have a dog and he isn't allowed to ride in the G35 or the RSTi b.c of the seats. He always goes in the FXT in the back seat lol The RSTi was down for 10 months, pretty much all last year b.c the trans went out. We finally got around to replacing it in Feb and it is a blast.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

• 5 months later...
Haha who would have thought my crazy idea would be something people try to replicate. :D

Youve spurred countless duplicate projects even our own modded LGT header project and my very own new project our custom EL Stock manifold modified to UEL for a true bolt on UEL header for our 06+ newer legacy 2.5i's. Makes you want come back to the slower side of subaru ehhh :lol:

• 2 years later...

Archived