LegacyGT.com

Toyota and Subaru Swap Engineers

slissner

Interesting. However I think Toyota is only in the game for use of the manufacturing facilities and to reduce their own costs.

AFAIK Subaru had no intentions of utilizing hybrid technology, instead wanting to adapt bio-diesel. I think it is a bad move for Subaru to look at Toyota for moving forward. Toyota had its day of producing cheap, dependable and reliable cars. Sporty cars even (from 88 - 96 anyhow).

If Subaru was worried about maxing the output of the facility they could bring manufacturing of the Imprezas to the states.

“I suspect (Toyota is) fascinated with our AWD technology,” says Timothy Mahoney, senior vice president and chief marketing officer at SOA.

are you friggin kidding?:spin:

all toyota had to do is buy a impreza and rip it apart :lol:

“I suspect (Toyota is) fascinated with our AWD technology,” says Timothy Mahoney, senior vice president and chief marketing officer at SOA.

are you friggin kidding?:spin:

all toyota had to do is buy a impreza and rip it apart :lol:

Our first AWD vehicle was a '93 Previa All-trac. My parents loved it. Not sure why Toyota discontinued All-trac, but it definately benefitted Subaru.

Interesting. However I think Toyota is only in the game for use of the manufacturing facilities and to reduce their own costs.

AFAIK Subaru had no intentions of utilizing hybrid technology, instead wanting to adapt bio-diesel. I think it is a bad move for Subaru to look at Toyota for moving forward. Toyota had its day of producing cheap, dependable and reliable cars. Sporty cars even (from 88 - 96 anyhow).

If Subaru was worried about maxing the output of the facility they could bring manufacturing of the Imprezas to the states.

I think I disagree with most of that.

1. If theyre swapping engineers it would be very easy to get hybrid technology and Subaru has already showed an interest in it.

2. Toyota had its day of making dependable, reliable cars? Most of the people in my family have Toyotas/Lexuses. My bro, mom, sister, bro in law, sis in law, aunt, grandpa, etc. The service records are pretty damn good. My mom's RX300 was plagued was the same age/miles at my LGT and accumulated the same amount of repair work/costs. In my house we run em till they die (except for my mom's RX that replaced for the 400h). My point: Toyotas run and run and run. Havent gotten that far with a Subaru to know you, but its been good with my Legacies so far, not my Impreza.

3. It would probably be more expensive to refit a whole line to produce Imprezas in the States rather to just ship them over. Definately more cost effective for Toyota to make cars on the empty line.

IMO, maybe Subaru should become a division of Toyota. Then it could be Scion, Toyota, Subaru, Lexus. A new car empire. But I doubt it will happen and perhaps it shouldnt. But affiliation with Toyota is better than with GM.

I bet not..

people who drive Camrys and corollas don't have enthusiast forums :lol:

LMFAO!

Although maybe subaru can learn a little something about a business plan. For all intensive purposes Subarus and Toyotas run for about the same time. The only differences are that Toyota pays attention to details (ie. the same piece of plastic won't fall of 25 times) and subaru has AWD & more performance based products. Toyota extends their excellence to every part of the car, not just the mechanics.

Oh, and they have an idea on how to run a business. (Marketing, design, product options etc.) :(

Archived