LegacyGT.com

Tokico Shocks and Struts

hobiechas

^^^^^ Yes.....Very Interesting!

I see they still haven't updated their App tables yet on their site.

I also found them at directtuning.com:

http://tinyurl.com/yrkx6m

It appears that Tokico actually spoke the truth when they said they pulled the JDM HTS006 from the market for reengineering. May not need JDM tophats now.

Ron

I got caught up in the hoopla over the original JDM Tokicos that were pulled late last year. If these are now out, availability should grow in the near future, and I'll bet the price will drop.

I also don't want to be the first on the block with them. My H-Techs can sit on the workbench for a bit longer.

Now that I know they are available, I feel much more relieved, as it looks like Koni won't be coming through any time soon. The Bilstein HDs look OK, but I'm not a Bilstein fan, and I feel that these will be a better strut alternative. The adjustability is nice for rough Midwestern roads versus my track day use.

Ron

hurry up and buy them, before someone else does these are the only medium ground between bilsteins and coilovers

Hey Ben, if I get em, will you install???

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

Figures - I gave up on Konis and Tokicos and recently ordered the Bilstein HDs and Spec B top hats to go with my Ions....

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

So these still require JDM tophats, right?

I believe not, they seem to be the reengineered ones for the US market. as of last year they didn't have the separate part #s for the left, right, and rear.

But.....hopefully we find out soon.

Ron

Again, just my opinion, but I wouldn't trade my Ion/Tokico set-up for anything.

Which IONs? I have the US spec ION sport springs, and if I have to buy another set of springs to switch to Tokico's, I will likely just go with a set of KW's

Which IONs? I have the US spec ION sport springs, and if I have to buy another set of springs to switch to Tokico's, I will likely just go with a set of KW's

Well, that will depend on if these new Tokico's even exist, and if they do, in what flavor: JDM or USDM tophats. My original set needed JDM tophats so I ordered a new front set of Bilstein specific Ions.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Well, that will depend on if these new Tokico's even exist, and if they do, in what flavor: JDM or USDM tophats. My original set needed JDM tophats so I ordered a new front set of Bilstein specific Ions.

I loved the ION's at first, but after 20,000 miles and several autocrosses the rear is too soft during hard cornering even with Cusco swaybars and the front is getting bouncy. I need to get something soon.

I loved the ION's at first, but after 20,000 miles and several autocrosses the rear is too soft during hard cornering even with Cusco swaybars and the front is getting bouncy. I need to get something soon.

I felt that way about them shortly after install which is why I replaced the OEM shocks and struts. They just didn't have the necessary dempening abilities.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Here's the reply I got today from directtuning.com

Brian,

The Tokico Struts for the Legacy GT is not in stock. They are still

being refitted for the US Spec Vehicle. I tried to get an ETA

today. Tokico does not have any ETA on when they will be available again.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to call or email us.

Tks & Rgrds,

Jack

Direct Tuning

866-420-2865

Here's the reply I got today from directtuning.com

Brian,

The Tokico Struts for the Legacy GT is not in stock. They are still

being refitted for the US Spec Vehicle. I tried to get an ETA

today. Tokico does not have any ETA on when they will be available again.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to call or email us.

Tks & Rgrds,

Jack

Direct Tuning

866-420-2865

:(

Archived