LegacyGT.com

Drove a loaner OB 2.5 na today. Is it just me, or is this car dangerously underpowered? I liked everything else about it - the ride is great for my local roads, although it feels loose and tippy compared the the LGT.

But damn, no power to speak of. Could not live with that engine. BTW, was 5EAT.

so i had a 2.5i, automatic, outback wagon loaner car.

brand new with 450 miles

great for old people driving in the city up to 45 mph stop and go traffic but other than that the acceleration is.........................

A DOG :spin:

i was getting about 20 mpg in average city driving. not that much better than my 3.0r h-6 getoutofmywayyou2.5i'ers.

i still think it's a good deal for a young person starting out with a new car.

Hmm. I think it's adiquate. Not fast like the turbos or anything. Maybe it's because I'm coming from a 2.7i, 150HP 4Runner, now there's a car that can't get out of it's own way! Also, in the handleing dept, I think it's pretty sporty aside from a lot of body roll. I think I'll probably end up lowering mine to the stock height of the Leg Wag and get some sway bars.

I love to get the OB 2.5i as a rental car. It's adequate for the job, and better by far than most rental cars.

Ok, maybe not the BMW 320d 6mt that I rented in Berlin...

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 2 weeks later...
I think it is fine in 5MT but the 4EAT is sluggish but still not that bad when you compare it to other cars like it. I had a 2000 Volvo XC70 which was a 2.4 turbo and my 5MT 2.5i is quicker well exept on the highway where any Volvo will go about 135+. Im curious as to what this car would top out at not that i will ever test it but it seems at 80mph im at 3500+ rpms.

Archived