LegacyGT.com

waxing question

Colonel Angus

for those who wax their LGT's, how long does it take you from start to finish (not counting washing it first)? it took me a total of almost 8 hrs to do it - 5 1/2 yesterday, than 2 1/2 today to finish it all up. i underestimated the leg's surface area. when i used to wax my jeep, it took forever and a day, since it was obviously a bigger vehicle. i figured with the GT it shouldnt take as long...i was sorely mistaken.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Depends- mine is a wagon (OB). It can take me about an hour and a half all the way up to 5 hours, including washing, claying and a few coats of wax. That includes smoke breaks though.

[quote name='jedimaster']Depends- mine is a wagon (OB). It can take me about an hour and a half all the way up to 5 hours, including washing, claying and a few coats of wax. That includes smoke breaks though.[/QUOTE] do you hand buff it, or do you bust out a buffer to get it done in that amount of time? it just seems like maybe i'm taking too damn long to get it all done.

I washed my car, claybared my car, polished it, and waxed it all in a total of about 4 hours, with a break or two and some dinner. here is a link to pics I took the night I finished. [url]http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4680[/url]

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Colonel Angus']do you hand buff it, or do you bust out a buffer to get it done in that amount of time? it just seems like maybe i'm taking too damn long to get it all done.[/QUOTE] All done by hand. You don't need an orbital unless you have paint problems.

[quote name='jedimaster']Depends- mine is a wagon (OB). It can take me about an hour and a half all the way up to 5 hours, including washing, claying and a few coats of wax. That includes smoke breaks though.[/QUOTE] 5 hrs. they must have been some good smoke breaks lol. but seirously i have never clayed a car so how do you do it and what are the benifets of it, im going for a smoke break now. :D

it may have taken me forever and a day, but let me tell you something... i notice the fruits of my hard work once i got up to green bay (business trip). under the parking lot lights, the LGT looked dead sexy. i really wish i had taken pictures, let alone have my digicam with me. on a side a note, on the way up here, i experienced northern lights for the first time in my life in person. at first, i thought i did a shitty job cleaning my windshield on the inside, but man, those lights looked glorious....

Archived