LegacyGT.com

Turn Signal Troubles

SLegacy99

also, if you have the habit of "quick signaling" where you dont press down the turn signal stalk ALL the way. it will start to get intermittent.

if i just push it down for a couple of clicks to signal and dont let it lock into position, it gets confused and clicks twice as fast.

it sometimes has "afterclicks". where, after i return the stalk to the center position it keeps on clicking. happened with my 97 and my 00.

i changed the habit of halfway signaling and the whole issue stopped.

Well, my hazards work and so do my parking lights, but the front passenger side signal is significantly weaker in power than everything else. I checked the bulbs and the wiring and everything seems fine, I'll try and sanding down the contacts and see if that will clear things up.

How'd it go?

Older cars had at 2 flashers, one for the blinkers and a different one for the hazards, since they required two different amperage requirements. Some cars had 2 flashers, one for the left and one for the right, so when you hit the flashers it would engage both flashers at once, effectively doing the same thing. Other cars have 1 flasher with multiple circuits inside, one set of circuits for the blinkers and another for the hazards. I'm not sure what the Legacy has, but I figured it'd be worth a shot to have you try it. I think it would probably have one flasher with multiple circuits since the flasher I pulled up on the Autozone website was a bulky electronic flasher, and it was the only part number that matched my search inquiry.

• 3 years later...

Sorry for reviving this four years later, but my 2000 gt yesterday started to keep clicking after I turned my turn signal off. I messed with it, turning the signals back and forth, throwing on the hazards, nothing seemed to stop the clicking. It also appears to be clicking faster then when the turn signal is activated. Im sure its an easy fix or cheap at least, but anyone else experience this? Do you think the aforementioned fixes will clear up this problem? Could it just be a fuse going?

I wouldnt mind it just dying and having no sound, I always check the lights (which are working absolutley fine, both turning left/right and hazards, and when the signal is off so are the lights, both in the dash and the actual tail lights) when Im turning anyway. The sound is just so annoying -_____- lol

Archived