LegacyGT.com

HELP?? Megan Racing DP troubles

t-type86

I picked it up relatively cheap.. installed without a hitch...

making an incredibly annoying banging sound... padded it near the crossmember... problem still persists..

Makes the noise unless im accellerating or at idle?!?

WTF :confused:

Thanks guys

Joe

I've had some problems with a few DP's. It seems a few were not bent perfectly to provide enough clearance to the cross-member. You can put a modest dent in the DP to provide the needed clearance. It's really a quick and easy fix that is completely effective and will not measurably affect flow/power. You could also clearance the cross-member as an alternative. A die grinder or Dremel would work fine, or even a couple minutes with a file will take care of it. If you are unable to get it to work to your satisfaction and the DP was purchased from me, I should be able to get you an exchange.

Didnt think so... how good is MR with sending something out without having the deffective unit??? Id hate to have to throw the stocker back on if I dont have to.

thanks for the help

Joe

Didnt think so... how good is MR with sending something out without having the deffective unit??? Id hate to have to throw the stocker back on if I dont have to.

thanks for the help

Joe

I can get it done for you. Honestly, try putting a dent in the one you have right now. It works fine to solve the problem and is really easy.

I had the same thing on mine when I installed it yesterday.

I just loosened the bolt where it mounts to the trans, took a prybar and pulled the dp away from the crossmember, and retightened while holding it there.

this fixed the banging. You my want to start there.

+1 on denting the pipe not making any real difference

(btw, call it "clearancing" it sounds much better ;))

I had to clearance my WRX DP for both my trans-pan bolts (5EAT) and a little bit to give me peace of mind for the firewall.

flows enough to give me boost creep when I was on a stage 1 map, so thats good enough for me

+1 on denting the pipe not making any real difference

(btw, call it "clearancing" it sounds much better ;))

I had to clearance my WRX DP for both my trans-pan bolts (5EAT) and a little bit to give me peace of mind for the firewall.

flows enough to give me boost creep when I was on a stage 1 map, so thats good enough for me

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks I'm quite familiar with the "clearancing" euphemism :icon_wink. I figured I'd just be clear about what I was suggesting.

If the DP is hitting the crossmember it'll sound like someone is tapping the underside of your car with a big-ass hammer! You're not likely to mistake that for wastegate flutter.

exactimundo,.,,,:mad:

Archived