LegacyGT.com

WTF @ Kelley Blue Book

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah I got the big shock when I tried to sell mine. The dealer offered me $16,500 for my 05 GT limited with 26k miles.

So I joined the dark side and put a trailer hitch on it and bought a trailer.

The heck with them. It's obviously worth more to me than it is to them so I'll keep my baby.

That's about the same as my 02 WRX with 75k miles was! WTF?

2013 â–ˆS4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just sold mine to Carmax. I had to sell as I've pemanently moved overseas and it wasn't worth the hassle/time/risk/cost to ship it, plus losing the warranty.

Anywho, Carmax gave me $12K for my N/A 05 2.5i with 35K on it. Not great but not brutal. It was the easiest car selling process ever. I was walking out with my check almost exactly 1 hour from the time I walked in off the street, no appointment.

No Subie dealer wanted to buy it.

Weird, when I went by your link, entered in my zip code & '05 Limited, I got a Trade In value of like $12K for excellent condition. Now, when I restart the process, entering in my zip code, and all the options on my car, I get this........(I'll assume the mileage was the "huge" factor).

788906980_LGTtradein.jpg.cbd3bd14ce526356811b63038ea5ecd7.jpg

I just sold mine to Carmax. I had to sell as I've pemanently moved overseas and it wasn't worth the hassle/time/risk/cost to ship it, plus losing the warranty.

Anywho, Carmax gave me $12K for my N/A 05 2.5i with 35K on it. Not great but not brutal. It was the easiest car selling process ever. I was walking out with my check almost exactly 1 hour from the time I walked in off the street, no appointment.

No Subie dealer wanted to buy it.

I sold a car to carmax and it was great.

The resale on the LGT sucks plain and simple. There is just a lot more demand for the WRX so it has higher resale. The LGT is the redheaded stepchild alternative to the Accord or Camry in most peoples minds.

That sux!

This is more specific...but I just did a nationwide search(autotrader) on 05 GT wagons 5MT with less than 45k on them, came back with 4 total,(one LGT) all were listed little over 20k. Didn't check non 5MT or sedans...maybe it's the hard to find 5MT in the gt Wagon that has the price still up there?

Eitherway, I plan on keepin my subie for a longtime:)

That sux!

This is more specific...but I just did a nationwide search(autotrader) on 05 GT wagons 5MT with less than 45k on them, came back with 4 total,(one LGT) all were listed little over 20k. Didn't check non 5MT or sedans...maybe it's the hard to find 5MT in the gt Wagon that has the price still up there?

Eitherway, I plan on keepin my subie for a longtime:)

Selling prices aren't trade in prices, and if the 5MT wagons were popular enough to have higher values, SOA would still be selling them. Those of us with them can't trade in for newer ones, so I don't see too many being put up for sale. Mine sure as hell isn't. :cool:

hmmm... my friend's dad and brother both own dealerships and neither one of 'em EVER use KBB for trade-in values. Still, that looks like the suck for people trading in LGTs. I don't plan on trading mine in for a lonnnnngggg time anyway. Too much fun, too many pro's outweighing the cons!:)
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Archived