LegacyGT.com

Insurance costs survey?

So I am the proud owner of a 2007 LGT 5MT obsedian black. I put the car on my insurance (Encompass) which covers my house and my cars. I ask the insurance lady what does it cost? She tells me 1076$ per year for full coverage with 500 deductible.

The LGT is replacing my leased ZO6 corvette which I am turning in at the end of May. So guess what my ZO6 costs? 1046$ per year?????

How can this be I ask, blah blah blah, actuarial, safety data etc.... driver. I am 41 yo male with no accidents, claims, tickets (no tickets in past 5 years)

Hmmm that sounds like BS.

So this prompted my question on the survey how much do you pay for insurance, what part of the country, and what company?

Thanks

Sam

Why don't we all just stroke our shafts and call it a night? Quite honestly, so much goes into the calculation of your insurance that it's a joke to try to figure out what you're paying versus someone else

Do you:

Have more than one vehicle?

Have your home owners/renter's policy with the same insurer?

Have a life insurance policy with the same insurer?

Live in the city or country?

Drive more than 5 miles to work?

Have 1 ticket on your driving record?

Are you Married?

Do you have any kids?

Do you have a DWI on your record?

Do you use a garage or park outside?

Do you have any children who drive?

The list goes on ...

heres a tid bit your credit score/report some insurances takes that into considering your premium- since it shows your responsibility worth. Me for instance 3 accidents in 2 years and a speeding ticket above by 30 3rd year- I pay @ 800 fullcov for my 07 GT 28yo- Go figure any one would insure me.

I realize so many things come into play BUT knowing what others pay is somewhat important in comparing why we pay what we pay. The insurance industry is MEGA profitable.

We compare all manner of issues about our cars mechanical, electrical, suspension etc... Just thought it was crazy that a corvette is insured for the same or slightly less than LGT?

Doesnt that strike anyone as a bit unusual?

Sam

ps by the way i a married, no kid drivers, garaged, insure both house and cars under same policy, live in the burbs, and have excellent credit.

I would say that they are trying to get more $$$ outa you if you ask me. The Z06 is not likely to be as safe as any subaru made today and the parts are likely to be cheeper to come by. I would say start shopping around. When I bought my house my previous insurer (allstate) wouldn't cover my house because 30% of it is on stilts so we went shopping. We discovered AAA has thier own insurance, go figure, and they have home and auto. So I figure what the heck I call them. with in a week we get a quote from them, they will cover the house, 20% less than all other quotes that we got, and we were paying 900/ 6 mth for a 04 Baja T and a 98 Forester L with allstate and AAA said it would be 1100/year for the same coverage. Now that we have a 06 LGT and a 04 FXT, we are paying about 1250/year.

I have had to make 3 clames on the cars with AAA and all I have to say is they are phonimonal. I hit a dear one morning and they took care of it no questions asked and no hasstle, I was rear ended 2 months later and same thing. I had a Yakima rack fall off my LGT this winter and they took care of that as well. I couldn't be happier.

Good luck with your plight.

EDIT: forgot to mention, I live just about in BF Nowhere because I live in CA and that's all I can afford, married, no kids, no accidents (none listed as colisions except for rearending and it was removed from my record because it was not my fault), no tickets, and good credit.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Very high.......

as we all know alot of factors are involved as mentioned above. Two of the most important though & not mentioned yet are beacon score & the county in which you live. A friend of mine had his rates go down over 600 a year by simply moving from one county to another.......

My rates just went down a little, there just under 650 a year now for 100/300

med 5/20

ded 100

towing

30 day rental

I'm a little older than a few of you guys also, I'll be 36 this year.

Make sure you shop around, I found there to be over a 500 a year difference in companies rates:(:(

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

It sounds like I need to go back and look at AAA. I dont live way out in the country but I will ask how the zip affects my rate. To use your story by analogy, I am paying DOUBLE your rate for 2 cars using your total amount paid for your newer subies.

Does anyone else have a good insurance carrier that does house and car combined?

Thanks

Sam

I'm 35, divorced, no kids, no garage, 2 cars full coverage (LGT and '01 Mazda Tribute), home owners insurance, and a small life insurance policy for $1700/year. I live in the country and drive more than 5 miles to work. State Farm is my Ins Co (and has been for 20 years).

23 single garage nothing on my record more than 5 mi to work full coverage cost me about 1200 a year not bad. It's actually cheaper than my 2000 civic dx and I put more coverage on the GT.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

wtf? what insurance do you have?

22 mile in VA, 1400/yr 500 deduc 300k bodily injury, 100k property

State Farm, i get EVERY discount they offer, i mean i asked them and i cant get anything else. No tickets and no at faults.

I have 100k/300k with medical and uninsured (100k/300K). I am betting the discounts and where i live vs you makes a huge difference.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

State Farm, i get EVERY discount they offer, i mean i asked them and i cant get anything else. No tickets and no at faults.

I have 100k/300k with medical and uninsured (100k/300K). I am betting the discounts and where i live vs you makes a huge difference.

Dah, I need to move out of Northern VA :p Oh yeah I have 1 ticket though that didn't affect my insurance rate any when I got it so :confused:

Progressive-Excellent Credit, Driving Record, Homeowner, and customer since 1999 discount, multicar discount, pay in full discount

500CSL Limits with $500 deductible on collision and $100 for comprehensive

Vehicle: 2005 Legacy GT Wagon $401/year, 2004 Subaru WRX Wagon $455/year

The real question is why on earth would a 2-seater sports car (flippin Z06 no less) cost less to insure than a 5 passenger, AWD, highest crash-test-rating, half-the horesepower Subaru flagship sedan?!?!?! That is messed up. They punched in the wrong numbers or something. My Subie costs the same to insure as a Ford Focus!

Archived