LegacyGT.com

Fulda tires

ncretter

I'm looking into getting new tires. I was considering Goodyear Eagle F1 Gs-D3 ($137+shipping, installation) or Goodrich g-force sport ($100+shipping/installation) from looking at tire rack. The guy at the tire store recommened Fulda Quantum Elites for $140 (including installation). I couldn't find Fulda on tire rack (or any reviews when I searched the forums here).

Does anyone know anything about Fuldas? Why aren't they on tire rack? Which of the 3 (or something different, but I want to spend <$150/tire) do you recommend ? I am moving to Pensacola in June, so I'm getting summer tires.

I thought Fulda was a big-time German manufacturer. They co-sponsored the Maybach Excelero concept car.

I am not sure how good that particular tire is, but it might not be horrible. More research would be required.

Not a lot of US market penetration at all, so not much information.

Personally, I am planning to go with General Exclaims, for about 100$ installed, also made in germany, by Continental.

here in colorado, fulda tires are carried by the big-0 stores. i talked to a sales guy once about putting some on my miata (which i never did) and he gave them a pretty good review.
i'm way out of my depth . . .

So what I'm hearing is that the Fuldas are a wild card, something of a gamble. The B.F. goodrich look very attractive for their price; ~50$/tire less than Goodyear and overall ~$20/tire less than fuldas. Are the F1s worth $50/tire? I do spirited street driving on the outside, although I'm considering trying auto or rally cross.

Fulda are anything but garbage.

They, like Vredstein are a well known company in Europe that doesnt really do much business over here.

http://www.fulda.com/fulda_home_en/

i dunno man, i worked at a tire shop during a few of my summers, and everyone who got those tires came back in a month or so because either they were too loud, rode rough or wore out excessively

my friend put them on his mr2 for some 'spirited driving' duty, and they seriously were not up to the task. the falken ziex's he had on before stuck so much better even with more wear than the nearly new fulda's

I'm in Florida & the 2 best tires for enjoying the pleasures of smooth Florida roads are as follows....

1. Azenis 615

2. TR-1

Both are about the same price as the F1

The Azenis are hands down the best when it somes to the twisties but in the rain......TR-1

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived