LegacyGT.com

Which sounds better?

MaStaMooN

Which one?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Stock stereo & aftermarket speakers
    • Aftermarket stereo & stock speakers

Definitely speaker replacement. The stock speakers are crap, plain and simple. You'll get much more return on your $ spent replacing the speakers than you would replacing the HU and keeping your stock speakers.

And this is speaker replacement without an external amp right? So new speakers running directly off the stock stereo will sound better than the other way around?

Im asking this because I replaced the stereo in my wifes 02 elantra a few years back and the stock speakers in that thing are really decent for a shitbox car... and the stock stereo sounded even worse. So I was thinking about getting some sort of head unit for the time being until the whole Dual ACC thing in our cars is easily removed to clean up the sound... but if you guys are right, I think ill replace the speakers first.

In previous cars I used to swap out head units when they were all one or two uniform sizes and when it was easy to replace. Now most newer cars have the HUs all integrated into the dash and it becomes a hassle involving replacement plactic mounting brackets etc... Upgrading stock speakers and adding a small 4 channel amp if necessary will sound better than just doing a HU replacement for sure.

Can anyone suggest some speakers for a 2.5i (not that it matters)? I was thinking of doing the switch out with the stock head unit, and put a sub in the car....I like the bass, but not too much. Is there a set of speakers I could get without getting a sub that's gonna give a full, loud sound?

Check www.crutchfield.com. They have a wizard where you go through and give your car make, type, year, etc. and they'll tell you what will fit. The Polk DB 650's fit pretty well. No 6.5" door speaker with the factory amp will give you a 'full, loud sound', depending on what that means to you. You might consider a decent pair of 6.5" coaxials with a decent amp, that will certainly be an improvement over the factory amp.

Can anyone suggest some speakers for a 2.5i (not that it matters)? I was thinking of doing the switch out with the stock head unit, and put a sub in the car....I like the bass, but not too much. Is there a set of speakers I could get without getting a sub that's gonna give a full, loud sound?

Most Focals pound. Several models to choose from within a broad price band.

I agree. :icon_razz

But, without doors preparations, it's nothing. Begin with doors insonorization with Dynamat or another materials and the result will be much better.

I use it Focal 4.75 amplif., Focal Polyglass 165V1 in front doors and Polyglass 165CV1 for the back doors. The result it's amazing.:wub:

Archived