LegacyGT.com

Just installed AVO Flat panel.....is this a rip off?

croll326

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you clean the Blitz like you can the AVO. I have an AVO right now, but I'm just wondering what I should do when it comes time to replace it. Get another AVO or go with the Blitz? I just don't feel like dealing with any oil, but I'd prefer to get the one with a longer life.

well, I havent looked into cleaning, Ive only had it on for mayb 1k miles. Im not too worried about it, because if I can't clean it, it's just another $50 20k miles down the road, I think I can manage that. That's like once every year or so. Geez, with the money we spend on other parts around here, $50 a year or so should be nothing. Plus, Id rather have a new filter than a cleaned one, but to each his own!
Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

well, I havent looked into cleaning, Ive only had it on for mayb 1k miles. Im not too worried about it, because if I can't clean it, it's just another $50 20k miles down the road, I think I can manage that. That's like once every year or so. Geez, with the money we spend on other parts around here, $50 a year or so should be nothing. Plus, Id rather have a new filter than a cleaned one, but to each his own!

+1

bought a new one after 30k miles lol

i have a mini review... typed it up. may have been in another thread, but here it is

took 3 minutes to put on. Instructions given were great. Comes with color pictures. The 300 dollar SSQV i got didnt even come with color pictures.

unclip the airbox clips, remove the electrical plug, and loosen the clip on the big hose with a flathead screwdriver.

It'll open enough to pull out the stock one, and insert the new one. the smaller end goes in front, make sure fins are horizontal.

As far as sound goes...

I'm going to go in terms of turbo sounds (other than the turbo whine itself)- bov, sucking sound, etc

0= N/A car... 10= BOV vent to atmosphere with the louder BOVs (blitz, hks, etc)

Stock is about a 1. Can barely hear anything, but it's there. Can hear it occasionally in certain conditions

Stock+ AVO is about a 2.5 to a 3. Still pretty quiet and not easy to notice. Hard to hear with windows down and you have to pay attention to hear it. A little more sucking noise than usual but not too noticeable.

Stock+AVO+ Cobb Stage 1. this is what I have and i'm loving it. this is a 5. you can clearly hear the sucking/intake noise and the bov sound pretty frequently. It gives just the right amount of feedback. I only drove it once like that but it was pretty soothing, not too intrusive.

Was it worth the 60 dollars? hell yea. Would i buy it again? hell yea.

But then again I've only driven the car like this once... will post again if i ever get annoyed at it... but i dont see that happening. Any music will easily drown it out.

car for sale. PM me!

• 1 month later...

Well I just put the AVO panel filter in my rig. It definitely seems a bit more responsive.

So I guess the 'woosh' or whine you get at around 3500 when you put your foot in it is normal, right? I only hear it when the engine is under load. Just revving the car in neutral doesn't make the noise. Not sure I am crazy about the noise, at first I thought something was wrong with the car.

No worries, right?

+1 for AVO. It fits the N/As too! (LGT and 2.5i filters are the same FYI)

hmm :orly:

i remember when boostjunkie did my intake silencer removal we found out that NA's filter is double protected, after taking out of the stock filter there is still a film of filter that is secured in there. He said it's definitely different from a GT :iam:

but anyways, i'll pick up a AVO panel filter soon

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

I put in a K&N panel about a month ago and haven't noticed any problems concerning the oil messing with the MAF. Extra whoooosh is awesome!

The K&N is safe for a stock ECU because, if it even affects the MAF that negatively, the stock map runs rich anyways, correct?.....

....or should I buy the AVO from rallitek as soon as possible?

Perfect timing! (for stumbling across this thread topic)

Just got an oil change this weekend and was informed that I have a dirty filter and was asked if I wanted to go ahead and buy the replacement from them. I didn't even ask for the price since I had previously done some research and had already decided to go with an aftermarket drop-in air filter (plus, I know the stealership would have tried to really bend me over).

I just ordered the AVO filter today from Rallitek and I'm already impressed by Rallitek's customer service just by the number of emails I've received from them (letting me know that my filter will ship soon, thanks for your order, etc).

I can't wait to let my Leggie breathe a little easier (I'm sure she can't, either). :D

• 8 months later...

I know this is a relatively old thread at this point, but you guys are saying that the AVO panel filter needs to be replaced every 20K miles or so. Taken directly from rallitek's website:

"AVO high-flow panel air filter is a direct replacement for the stock paper filter. Made from sturdy cotton fiber with a special dry film that allows for more air flow than stock with equal rates of engine protection. Thanks to it's high-tech design the AVO panel air filter is washable and will last the life of your car."

What's the deal?

Toss is after 25,000 miles, clean it every 8k miles and you're set.

Can anyone verify this? I have had one for 30k and clean it every now and again. I was uner the impression that this is a permanent filter...just needs cleaning. Like a K&N.

Rehab is for quitters.

what entails the silencer removal. havent read about this before. What is the gain, just sound? Is it hard to do, can it be replaced if its too loud? Woul apreciate if anybody could expand on what this is...

I just installed the AVO. It said to fit it with the fins horizonally positions, but it fit perfectly with the fins vertical. I had to really pry it in there to get them horizonal lol However, with the new AVO filter and silencer removed, sounds like I have a mild aftermarket BOV! Love it, and I do feel a very slight more power boost. Not to mention much more fun to drive!

Zac

Archived