LegacyGT.com

Yow Forbes Mag Hammers Legacy Drivers

This is an excerpt from a Forbes "Test Drive" posted on forbes dot com today. I call bullshit: Test Drives 2005 Dodge Magnum Michael Frank Are station wagons cool? They are if they're 2005 Dodge Magnums. The article goes yadda yadda yadda and then: "More important, such a buyer could happily share said Magnum with his wife, a situation that wouldn't be true (at least if we're talking this particular "psychographic") if said spouse were shuttling around town in a Subaru Legacy wagon."

Here's the link. It's clunky verbage that I had to read twice. COME ON Forbes. Click Below to Read This Story. [url]http://www.forbes.com/2004/11/01/cx_mf_1101test.html[/url]

Guest JessterCPA
Fine. Let these fools go buy a Magnum. You know that most of them sold will NOT have a Hemi. We will smoke them every time. Oh, I have not met a woman yet who thinks that car is anywhere near attractive.

1. The Dodge Magnum IS cooler, for most people, than a Subaru Legacy wagon. Sorry, but it is. An AWD Hemi Magnum would have required a very, very serious look, chez Williams. 2. Who cares? 3. No, really...who cares? Kevin

[quote name='fbi012']well I think the dodge magnum looks pretty cool but it SUCKS! you cant trust american cars nor you can compare them to Japaneese cars, no matter what![/QUOTE] But since Daimler-Benz owns Dodge, isn't it now technically a German car? Sure, it's built in America, but so is the Legacy. American cars have come a very long way in terms of build quality and reliability. Yes, some bite. But some Japanese cars do the same thing, as well as individual samples being hinky. Generalizations are dangerous things... Kevin

i was thinking of getting one when they were talking blower and awd, but they b*ched out so they lost me...not to mention the cost difference. You can get the 300 hemmi C in awd now so it just a mater of time for it to come out on the magnum but the cost is still going to be far higher they could have had me if they didn't drop the ball, i went subaru and no regrets besides i like being less conspicuous PS: i am pretty sure you can only get the magnum in auto and there is no entry level trim with the hemmi option, you are stuck getting a bunch of crap you may not want or be able to aford when you just want to go fast and carry stuff

[quote name='gtguy']1. The Dodge Magnum IS cooler, for most people, than a Subaru Legacy wagon. Sorry, but it is. An AWD Hemi Magnum would have required a very, very serious look, chez Williams. 2. Who cares? 3. No, really...who cares? Kevin[/QUOTE] I got to agree with you, if I was in the market for an AWD wagon, and the AWD HEMI Magnum was available, then I would have to go the that. Can't go wrong with 340 hp and 390 lb ft of torque. I like the look of the Magnum more than the Legacy wagon. But, I wanted something small and AWD, and a wagon was out of the question for me. - Mike

[QUOTE]For $32,295, you can get the new L.L. Bean edition of Subaru's Outback wagon, a vehicle that is now pretty close to as fast as the Magnum (thanks to a new, turbocharged, 250 hp motor), and comes standard with all-wheel drive[/QUOTE] A turbocharged LL Bean? These guys need to get their facts straight! I guess that's as much as you can expect with an auto review on Forbes.

I've now reset my goals to be able to beat a stock hemi, instead of my friends G35. 390 torque is crazy though. I've seen 1 or 2 of those on some hip-hop videos too, they look pretty sweet but the fit and finish in the interior is dissapointing.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

[quote name='gtguy']But since Daimler-Benz owns Dodge, isn't it now technically a German car? Sure, it's built in America, but so is the Legacy. American cars have come a very long way in terms of build quality and reliability. Yes, some bite. But some Japanese cars do the same thing, as well as individual samples being hinky. Generalizations are dangerous things... Kevin[/QUOTE] Not really, my dad has a Mercedes S class and there is no way you can compare it to dodge. Dodge is owned by benz now but still the engineers are american and the car is degined for the american life. I find that american cars cannot last for more than 4 years, spectially here with all the snow and cold weather and Im pretty confident that japaneese cars last more than that, which is why they're #1 cars in the world.

i'll be honest, the legacy wagon is ugly. but imo all wagons/hatches are ugly, i get that "old man' feeling when i see them. its like ur screaming "hey i'm married and don't like to have fun!!" haha mayb thats being a little harsh, but i dislike hatch/wagons very much, and relaly beleive tha tthe legacy sedan (especially the gt limited) was aimed at a diff crowd then was the wagon version. and yea the dodge wagon probbaly looks a lot better, legacy wagon isn't the prettiest thing on earth.

[quote name='gtguy']An AWD Hemi Magnum would have required a very, very serious[/QUOTE] redesigned suspension to handle all that weight being tossed around. Look at the SRT-10 Ram, it has like what, 500hp/515tq? Still only runs mid-13s? Weight is a killer of performance.

Archived