LegacyGT.com

Caliper piston fell out...how do I put it back?

gianspi

I'll put it out there. I made this same mistake on a previous car. It was a brain fart. I heard a piston fall out and hit the ground. I was f$$!!!k

I knew what it was right way, just forgot the right side was not mounted.

You do learn never to make that mistake again though.

If I came across like that, I didn't mean to. Like I said, I think he deserves credit for trying the job in the first place. He made a mistake like we all do and showed the intelligence to fix his mistake.

I once twisted a rear piston off its internal track (it was a caliper with the parking brake built in) because I twisted the piston the wrong way. Luckily, I was able to get it back together once I realized my mistake.

sh1t happens.

no it was'nt your post that got me peaved, it was a couple of the first ones that got me going. you're right sh1t happens, we all screw something up once in a while. as the saying goes" if you dont mess something up at least once, you not working hard enough".

never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

...don't mean to be a dick..

but plus 1 on edmundu's comment posted above

I have already responded to that statement.

edmundu, lami, mspro, waxi: I agree 100% with you. Unfortunately, due to the extremely horrific circumstances that occurred during my recent (and last) dealer/mechanic visit, I have set to do my own work. I read over the vacation pics and read up on many threads. I was completely confident, except the piston problem threw me off guard. Lesson learned.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Brakes are one of those things you want to ask all the questions before you start. Like on This Board. I learned allot about my Legacy, and sometimes I was tempted to do something and felt I could do, but I let someone more experienced than me do it. I always do my brakes with another Motorhead whom has done brakes many times. What is cool, he makes me do the work under his super vision to cope with my stupidness. I am lucky to have friends like that. I love modding, but most of the time I let the experts deal with my ride. I am more of a tech nut than a car nut, but still working on the ride is fun, but I insist on safe first. Cheers all.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

Hell I commend this guy for being brave enough to DIY. It's not that complicated, and the only way to learn is to try stuff.

Saying he was going to jump in the car and kill himself + others is a tad bit alarmist, no?

dR

Archived