LegacyGT.com

True Dual Exhaust?

cosmos

Well I was flipping through the Legacy brochure today and noticed the GT doesn't hae a true dual exhaust. I don't know much about exhaust. I was wondering if there would be any benifit of converting to dual exhaust? Would this be cost benifital at all? Also a sort of side question... what is the benifit of going catback dual?

The is a single string of 3 cats and a resonator after that it Ys to dual mufflers. If you run only 1 cat [ down pipe ] and 3 in piping to the Y then there should be very little advantage in doubling everything up which would be very hard to do .

ah, you all forgot or dont know about the GT-B guys.. it's a twin turbo 2.0 Legacy guys.. any case, do you really want to carry anymore weight than what the car already has? You wont have the gains of going to a true dual exhuast because it's just one turbo. It also wouldnt make much sense for a NA 2.5i either, you need some back pressure to help keep the gases in the cylinder a bit longer for a good compression. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='Xenonk']okie dokie DM, corrected. But explain why it's not a good idea to go with larger exhaust piping on a NA car as opposed to a turbo car can. Keefe[/QUOTE] As I said...exhaust gas velocity is slowed. You always want to keep exhaust gas velocity as high as possible...but sometimes backpressure is inevitable while trying to accomplish this (such as in a NA application). DM has said it and will say it again. Everyone must read this: [url]http://www.cobbtuning.com/tech/exhaustdesign/index.html[/url]

Archived