LegacyGT.com

another n00b question

crazyjay1089

Catted v. Catless...

Comparing aftermarket catless downpipes with high-flow catted downpipes, is there a significant difference in backpressure build up from one to the other? Is it noticeable? I don't mind spending the extra money on a catted pipe if the backpressure build-up is about the same as catless and you still get the benefits (no, i'm not a tree-hugger) of having a cat.

Most go catted to keep the smell down. Also people have reported turbo creep with no cat.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Autospeed is having a sale on Catted DP for $350. They have a deal now where you can get the cat back also for $650. So you can get a Turbo back for @$1000 goto the marketplace thread and look for autospeed. Also TDC (tdctunning.com) had a catted DP comming out for $350. I was on the TDC pre-order But, I already had a Crucial Coated shorty DP so I just used the shorty. If you get a shorty Dp you still keep your 3rd cat. You can pick shortys for around @$200. It all to just what are you trying to do? I'm stage 2 with a TDC map( TDC maps makes around 10 to 20 hp more then the stock cobb maps) that's tuned for my K&N typhoon intake. I have my shorty that is connected to a 3" hi flow cat, 3" Borla XR1 race muffler as resonator and splits to a Y to 2.25" magnaflow mufflers. No drone and quiet at cruise. One thing no one talk about with stage 2 is how much the stock suspension squat when the power jumps. If you got question let me know.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived