LegacyGT.com

possible DNS issues

Tide

One of my DNS servers is currently offline, so not sure if / when this site might become unreachable. We're currently working on a solution, so nothing may ever happen, but just an heads up if you can't get here all of a sudden. lol.

One of my DNS servers is currently offline, so not sure if / when this site might become unreachable. We're currently working on a solution, so nothing may ever happen, but just an heads up if you can't get here all of a sudden. lol.

I think one person might have seen this post before things went CRASH! in the night :lol:

During the outage, I saw that both DNS servers were unreachable. I assumed it was a network issue since they were in the same Class C block (if I recall correctly).

I opened my own computer store this week after a decade doing enterprise IT for other people. I'm building my own boxes to co-lo in Atlanta at a major hosting center. I'll be glad to provide a backup authoritative name server for you once it's all up & running.

gfxdave99 -- After trusting others to do my DNS for the past year, I can't wait to have it back under my control! Then again, it's always best to diversify when it comes to DNS, just in case.

Well, the other train of thought is that when your DNS is served from the same block as your web server, it means that if there is a network problem, distributed DNS won't do any good since the destination will be unreachable anyway. It could make sure email continues to work -- that is, if the email server isn't in that block -- which it usually is!

Archived