LegacyGT.com

low buzz from the passenger speaker?

mastabo

Last night, I noticed something buzzing to the passengers side. I didnt sit on the passenger side to see if it was coming from the speakers. But it buzzed again today. When Iam not paying attention, i dont seem to notice, but I eventually hear it. ANyone else have this problem???

Yeah, I notice it in the passenger side front on certain tones. I don't know whats crappier, the headunit or the speakers.

I know in my Eclipse all I did was replace the headunit and the stock speakers sounded 10 times better. Wish it were that easy in this car.

ahah, ill reword it as STATIC

No, it is a resonant buzzing. Mine buzzes at certain bass frequencies. Annoying, but not to the point that makes me want to open up the door.

I'm not sure if it is the speaker buzzing or the speaker is inducing a frequency into the door assembly which causes some part to resonant :confused:

Gives the car personality.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Yeah, for me it only happens with certain songs. Actually, only one artist - Audioslave. If you find it annoying but don't want to open up the door and dig into the speaker, you might try turning your bass down a notch.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had several buzz/rattle issues, took the car in a few times and finally someone was able to ride with me and hear them as well....

they opeend up the door panel and added more foam insulation.

random noise I have noticed is a crackle type sound comming from the passanger side of the car, when certain things play. It almost sounds as if the tweeter is blown or something.

replacing the speakers this summer, possibly head unit too.

also. Yes, when your stereo is on, and the volume is at 0, or it is off, the speakers still make a low humming sound. atleast it does on my 07 OB, it doesnt really bother me because radio is always on, and if ur driving u cant hear it at all.

Drove me nuts, even re-set the bass and treble controls. I think, the buzz (for me) comes from low signal strength stations. When I hear this, I switch to another station and, the buzz goes away.

When the car was new, I mentioned this to the sales person on a re-visit to the dealer after I had take possession of the car. He did say this was under the warranty but, I never went back.

Let me guess, your cell phone runs on a GSM network?

Mine does that too and I have a tmobile. Its been doing that around almost all speakers. That is if i was really close to it. Maybe the GSM signals are stronger then CDMA's

But GSM rocks!

Haha - I made a joke in this thread and now I'm getting the same thing. To me it sounds like the plastic is vibrating or maybe something in the cargo area on the door bouncing with the vibration of the speaker.

Archived