LegacyGT.com

Wipers not returning to rest @ bottom?

When I press the clean windshield button, the wipers function. However, where they come to rest appears to be random. They no longer come to rest at the bottom.

Anyone else have this issue? I assume the motor could get out of whack by some ice/snow lying on top of them.

I am thinking about bring this into service, my only hesitation is the alcohol setup is non stock(soon to be ripped out). I am using a secondary container for windshield washer fluid. However, I am sure the wiper function is completely orthogonal to the source or where the fluid comes from.

ive had this happen as well...

I think as Underdog says that it happens when you just do a quick push on the washer button.

You have to hold it down for a little bit longer, or hit it again and it should go back...must have some kind of cut off in the motor, which is controlled by the switch.

^ +1.

Pretty much has happened, occasionally, on EVERY car that I've either had so far, or have logged enough miles behind-the-wheel of.

No biggie.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Same problem here (chicago for the people with the ice theory) if you do a quick mist wipe they usually will return all the way down.

If they arent after that then i might say its worth taking it in.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

When I press the clean windshield button, the wipers function. However, where they come to rest appears to be random. They no longer come to rest at the bottom.

Anyone else have this issue? I assume the motor could get out of whack by some ice/snow lying on top of them.

I am thinking about bring this into service, my only hesitation is the alcohol setup is non stock(soon to be ripped out). I am using a secondary container for windshield washer fluid. However, I am sure the wiper function is completely orthogonal to the source or where the fluid comes from.

If your car is under warranty, take it in. The warranty on your wiper motor is not affected by mods to your engine.

If they stop where ever, it could be the wiper park switch in the motor. Mine ocasionally stop up higher than normal. Cycling them on and off makes them park.

Same problem here (chicago for the people with the ice theory) if you do a quick mist wipe they usually will return all the way down.

If they arent after that then i might say its worth taking it in.

I'll call to make an appt. Right now, if I quick mist they are no longer returning all the way down.

Archived