LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy and Outback Prices

Jon in CT

The market will set the final delivered price. Remember these are suggested retail.

That is why I got a 2005 LGT unlimited 5mt wagon for a bit below invoice - $1500 rebate without negotiation.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm also wondering why the 3.0R is priced ~3k above the spec B. It seems that it may be engine related as even the 2.5GT Limited w/ VDC and Navi is priced $500 above the 3.0R and it does not include the better wheels/tires and suspension bits.

So basically... we have figured out for the little plaque on the back of the sepc.B, no color choice (YEAH! Grey and Grey! :lol:), and no interior options, it will cost you $3900 more then a 3.0R. :eek: $2700 MSRP diff and then figure in the 3.0R has the $1200 5EAT in it's price already. :rolleyes: Wow. Just wow. :lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

May I ask why?

I love that my 05 LGT has no computer controlled dynamic control system. I love how I, the driver, has 100% control over the car; not some computer system.

Simplicity is bliss-

It's just a value thing. You just come to expect certain things when you're buying a close to 30k car. I may not need it, maybe I will, but I think it could be know that you have it if you need it, just press a button or flip a switch or whatever it is.

Between the 2.5i and the 2.5i SE there is a 300 dollar difference.......whats the point of having the 2.5i regular?

2.5i = rental cars

2.5i SE = dealership cars

Its also strange why they offer the 2.5i Limited with and without VDC? Just make it standard on a non-performance oriented consumer. The option for the GT makes sense as put above for people driving it for performance and don't want it maybe.

No nav in the 2.5i Limited still make zero sense...hell my wife's Mazda 5 Sport came with it as an option no need for the GT version!

The Spec B pricing just baffles me...but it'll help the 06&07 residual values I guess.

Between the 2.5i and the 2.5i SE there is a 300 dollar difference.......whats the point of having the 2.5i regular?

If MY2008 is like MY2007, the base 2.5i will be primarily for fleet sales, with few, if any, showing up on dealer lots.

And while everyone's griping about specific model/feature combos... I want a Legacy with N/A H4, 5EAT (I'll settle for 4EAT), dark cloth interior (leather with dark cloth on the floor would be ok), cold weather pack (heated seats/wipers/mirrors), VDC, and NO moonroof. The 2.5i Limited + VDC is close, but still has that blasted moonroof.

I know! :) Just givin ya a hard time. ;) I know for those over 6 ft this can be quite the sticking point.

And I'm barely over 6'... Anyway, I'm waiting for the 08s to hit dealer lots to see how they fit, though I'm guessing it's going to be exactly the same as the 07s (though of course there's no Leg wagon this time around).

The 3.0R is worth less to some of us because the level of performance is less than the 2.5GT/Spec.B. I wouldn't consider buying a 3.0R at all, but would at least consider a Spec.B. (A Legacy STi would be a lock.)

I'm sure the 3.0R will be a great choice for those wanting a great ride as opposed to a great drive.

The outback XT needs three options (a package is okay; they'll be ordered together anyway):

1) Suspension that makes it a car again - preferably something close to the JDM spec B

2) A lack of baby car toy side cladding package. Call it the anti gold package or anti-off-road-poser package. LOL (No offense to those of you ACTUALLY taking your OB's offroad, its just that you are a small minority in my experience).

3) A non-barn-door nose package. Let's have a front that doesnt look like its trying to be a truck like thingy.

LOL

Okay I'll stop whining now - I'm still pissed that I'm going to have to spend a lot more on my next wagon . . . and it won't be an outback. But I've said my piece and will NOT threadjack.

The 3.0R is worth less to some of us because the level of performance is less than the 2.5GT/Spec.B. I wouldn't consider buying a 3.0R at all, but would at least consider a Spec.B. (A Legacy STi would be a lock.)

I'm sure the 3.0R will be a great choice for those wanting a great ride as opposed to a great drive.

I think the 3.0 is a nice engine, and not everybody really wants a turbo. the 2.5 GT is already too fast, like many cars available these days, for some of its potential owners to deal with (no, this is not a commentary, just a personal opinion :)). the 3.0 should be plenty fast enough, and if it was available with a manual and without the nav system (what is it with SOA and sill nav options????) then it would be an attractive option for many people shopping the A4 and 328xi. Seriously. But as it is, the spec B is the only subaru option, and honestly, at $34 K, it aint nothin' special compared to the A4 or the 328xi - sheesh, its no contest, paying the few extra K for the BMW for what that car offers you over the spec B, at least if you can stand the ugly looks of the modern 3 (I can't, obviously :))

There are few possibilities:

- Spec B is even more overpriced than some of us suspected.

- 3.0R is underpriced by Subaru for unknown reasons

- politics - SOA priced Spec B when "premium" was battle cry. Subaru does not want to alienate customers who paid significant premium to have numbered plate so it keeps the price unreasonably high (what the heck, how many Spec Bs are sold per year - 500 more or less cars do not break SOA) but new battle cry is "value" and customer oriented so "new" Legacy 3.0R gets customer friendly price with possibility of raising it in the future.

Krzys

PS No VDC for GT except "have it all" Spec B is lame.

I dont understand why everyone is making the moonroof a head issue. I am 6-1 and have no problems whatsoever with my seat in position as high as possible. In fact, when I sit inside my friends 2005 2.5i without a moonroof, I feel cramped as hell. The moonroof gives me a feeling of space.

If you cant fit, use those nobs to the left to adjust your seat properly, this is almost as rediculous as people wondering why their parking lights are on without checking the button behind the steering wheel. If you fully lowered your seat and still dont fit, well then, you should be playing basketball and earning rediculous amounts of cash by standing underneath the hoop all the time. My friend is 6-7 and he has no leg room, but head space is fine. Those magical seat moving buttons are there for a reason.

:iam: Some people just like having their seat as high as possible? :iam: I'm 6 ft and have mine as low as possible cause I like the driving feel from that position. :iam:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

My bad.

No GT with MT and VDC unless one buys 6MT and NAV and Bilsteins and Alcantara and Torsen - total 34640 instead of 28940 + 300.

So for other models VDC is stand alone option for 300 (or standard) and for GT with MT it is 5700 "package".

I do not like what I see.

Krzys

Archived