LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy and Outback Prices

Jon in CT

My bad.

No GT with MT and VDC unless one buys 6MT and NAV and Bilsteins and Alcantara and Torsen - total 34640 instead of 28940 + 300.

So for other models VDC is stand alone option for 300 (or standard) and for GT with MT it is 5700 "package".

I do not like what I see.

Krzys

Especially the Bilsteins are pretty softish and springs spongy with still heaps of bodyroll.

WTF they won't put real JDM SpecB suspension, especially now when 3.0R takes the place of luxo limo...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparantly people with stick shifts either 1) don't get lost :iam: or 2) never go on roadtrips to places they have never been or 3) SOA assumes that people get manuals over automatics because they can't afford the more expensive auto and thus are too poor to afford a navigation system.

Im cracking up right now and my roomate is looking at me like WTF is the matter with this kid.

Aside from having VDC as a safety feature, I hate looking at comparison tests and w/ the breakdown charts seeing that the LGT doesn't have any form of electronic stability control and the others do. It's different now and ok, most drivers don't drive stick, so they really don't care, but I wonder if it will hurt the resale on the manuals. Does anyone know?

How did they get PZEV and SULEV II ratings? I thought they were impossible to attain unless you had a gasoline-electric hybrid powertrain.

How do those ratings work again? Will the N/A H4s will be PZEV in California/Pennsylvania/Northeast, and SULEV-2 in the rest of the states? Or PZEV aka SULEV-2 sold in CA/PA/Northeast, and some other (less demanding) rating in other states?

Because if you want VDC there have to be other changes made to the drivetrain to accomodate the VDC system. You can't simply slap it on a regular 5MT powertrain.

So instead of offering a 5MT with no VDC and a 5MT with VDC and a SpecB, they offer the 5MT with no VCD and the Spec B with it.

It is much easier to product the two combinations as they are now than offering a 3rd in the mix.

Then explain existence of Outback XT 5MT with VDC.

Raised suspension or wagon body?

Krzys

Archived