LegacyGT.com

headlights/fog lights

Meshanks07

Yes i searched but couldnt find what i wanted. My silverstars just burnt out for the second time in 5 months. I want to replace the fogs with some yellow bulbs. I also want some new head light bulbs. NOT silverstars. ANyone have ideas of best bulbs and what store to buy them at? Thanks for the help.

Yes i searched but couldnt find what i wanted. My silverstars just burnt out for the second time in 5 months. I want to replace the fogs with some yellow bulbs. I also want some new head light bulbs. NOT silverstars. ANyone have ideas of best bulbs and what store to buy them at? Thanks for the help.

I had a set of piaa bulbs on my last car, they looked realy good and i never had to replace them. Probaly would put piaa's on the legacy but decided to just go with HID's.

http://piaa.com/controller.php?PHPSESSID=823798cf893059341fcf12ff82bb210a&action=getBulbs&make=SUBARU&model=553

OP, still got your DRLs hooked up?

I've got the 65W Osram Rallye lowbeams and 55W Tungsram fogs, both from Daniel Stern Lighting. I had 20K+ on the factory bulbs, but I dis-abled my DRLs early on.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Philips makes a great light if you want to stay away from Silvania.

I currently run the Philips Night Guide light in my Legacy and it is the best standard-watt headlight I've put in the car. I have run Silverstars, Eurolites, GE product, etc, over the years. In other cars (Honda's over the years) I have run all kinds of Piaa's too, from the DOT approved famous Super Whites in hi and reg. watt, to their Purple HID simulators...

The Night Guide is the most potent headlight I have come across.

Seriously bright, and has a triple coating which they say shines yellowish at oncoming traffic, more white out the front to maximize long range, and super-white (HID colour) towards the edge of the road to maximize visibility on the side of the road/ gutter area (ex: wildlife running out from the forest and onto the road... traffic signs on the shoulders get lit up big time).

These lights absolutely own in the rain and snow too.

Now- this is not an HID (5000K) simulation, just their best Halogen replacement light they make. the light thrown out in front of the car is more yellow than a Silverstar but it's purpose is more function than fashion. They also appear more OEM looking when you see the car coming at you too.

If you want the 5000K simulation but still DOT approved and really well-made, try the Philips Crystal Vision. They are very potent too with more HID-type sparkle.

I have tried these too, and they are great in the summer when it's not raining every day (typical Vancouver).

Good luck on your new purchase, whatever it might be.

Just another thought, but due to the great design of our projector, the Philips Night Guide bulbs seem to throw out so much light that I would be hard pressed to slap a quick set of HID's in the car. The cost of the HID unit to buy, the expense of replacement bulbs, the installation involved, quality questions, all have to be factored in.

Here is a standard Halogen set of bulbs that will produce at least 75% (in my opinion) of the light output on the road as a set of HID's but for a fraction of overall cost.

I will be setting up my friend's Acura TL beside my car the next time we meet to see just how much better the Benchmark Acura HID system is next to my standard setup. It should be interesting.

(he's already upset that my grocery-getter wagon is so much quicker and torquier

than his luxo-ride, I'd hate to see if his HID's aren't that much better);)

Archived