LegacyGT.com

Lookin for some serious HP...

mustang killer

damn that torque number is sexy. is ur list less expensive than mine?

Borla is what 799 + shipping

AEM CAI is 2xx + shipping

Megan Racing flex UP - $99 shipped

Cobb catless downpipe - 425 + shipping (you can spend less on other brands)

What is it called.........transmission cooler;)

Think of it as insurance, it is not a true performance mod but you will thank me down the road.

Oh BTW.....since you are planning on modding, make sure you change your tranny & diff. fluid every 20k

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Tranny Cooler

Accessport

DP & UP

Your UP & DP selection are nice one's, it is what I am using other than I have a catted DP

After that round of modding you are going to want to upgrade the suspension with @ least a good quality set of springs. Otherwise acceleration squat really hurts acceleration

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Don't forget your brakes! Get, at least, good pads and fluid before hitting stage 2.

1- Brake pads and fluid

2- Tranny Cooler

3- Accessport (Stg I)

Enjoy StgI for a few weeks. When you get used to the power, slap on:

4- Up and Down pipe, and flash the StgII map with your Accessport.

Or, head over to openecu.org and grab an $80 cable and $30 map; and forget the $700 accessport.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Definatly forget the Borla it only really gives a little sound and not much performance. If you want to stay quiet and gain some power there are a few god choices still. My favorite is the Megan Racing not too quiet, no drone, it sounds great, and it looks so damn stock so not as much added attention. I have also heard good things about Stromung too, it was my second choice and only cause of the price and the MR has nicer looking cans. My friend has one on his Impreza 2.5TS wagon and it sounds great and is intrusive on a cruise.

There are a few more but I didnt really look into much more cause the twin tips appeal to me more then 1 large one and thats pretty much all that are twin tipped that I know of. I would go for a down pipe, cat back, and an Access Port first and maybe look for a stock STi up pipe, they are catless. Also look into getting a custom tune or an eTune from one of the better tuners on the web. You will be able to get more power out of what you have then the Cobb maps either way but an actual tune would be better.

A friend of mine has on the Outback XT and he is stage 2 with a shorty DP, K&N intake, and either a stock Legacy cat back or at least stock Legacy mufflers and he said that the differance was amazing from Cobb to the eTune.

Hayden 677....check eBay you can purchase one & including shipping it's under 50 daalahs:):):)

the 678 is to large:(

So I did some looking on ebay, and I can't tell the difference between the Hayden 677 Rapid-cool and the Hayden 1677 transaver. They look to be the same size and description, but the Rapid-cool is $10 more. Any reason I shouldn't buy the 1677 transaver?

+1 on the Megan Racing if you are looking for a cat-back. It is quiet enough at highway speeds and sounds great for city driving.

But look into getting an up and downpipe before the exhaust, unless you really want more sound. If you don't mind buying used stuff, check out the members classified in the marketplace section.

Archived