LegacyGT.com

07 LGT Limited ex-owner signing off

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i driven through 1ft of snow state of emergency conditions with re92's....i can guarantee you that you could have gotten out of that snow.

but have fun with the ms6...i really like that car myself.

Getting stuck in 5" of snow in an AWD vehicle is probably the worst nightmare of a testimonial Blizzak could ever imagine. I'm trying to imagine a snow condition that might cause that condition. As we all know, there isn't one type of snow but an infinite variety. I've seen a lot of these snow conditions from -40F on up. The only scenario from my experience I can come up with is a snow condition I encountered where the snow was heavy and wet with the temperature low enough that when it fell the snow packed immediately into slippery icey lumps. However, I didn't get stuck in it and a was driving a RWD Valiant with an open differential at the time. I had to do some rocking to get moving but get moving I did. :lol:

i driven through 1ft of snow state of emergency conditions with re92's....i can guarantee you that you could have gotten out of that snow.

If you mean my post, I guess you're not familiar with the notion of sarcasm? :rolleyes:

As far as the Mazda's go. The Tribute is a ford (and a POS) and The 6 is assembled here in the U.S. with about 50% Japan sourced parts and 50% US/Canadian parts. The 6's relibility has improved greatly in the last 2 model years. I currently have a 04 Mazda 3 and have had 0 issues. (other then the rear breaks dont last for crap) My wife had an 03 Protege 5 with 0 issues and it was also a great car. I put over 250,000 miles on my last rx-7 with the original apex seals. As long as you change the oil religously and never leave the car for more then a month or 2, the rotary's will run, and run, and run.. (Just dont overboost them or you will be replacing apex seals and eccentric shafts VERY often.)

/me gets off his soapbox

Mazda's are good cars. I am about to buy my first Subbie and I hope it will be a GREAT car. (and fast too! Gawd I miss having a turbo) :cool:

• 4 years later...

Good for you, mazdaspeed6 is a really nice car.

Its inferior to a subaru however.

Haha,just kidding, i would say its better, only thing that isnt as good is the awd system and the safety ratings in that car.

But hey, its still a nice car.

good for you, mazdaspeed6 is a really nice car.

Its inferior to a subaru however.

Haha,just kidding, i would say its better, only thing that isnt as good is the awd system and the safety ratings in that car.

But hey, its still a nice car.

this is why 17 year olds should not be allowed to post on the forum.

Haha, I do appreciate your input even these years later! I ended up trading the ms6 for a Honda odyssey after about 20k miles on it. You are right the legacy gt is better should have just kept it! Enemy of a

Good plan is a perfect plan. Never did get to test the ms6 in deep snow.

The ms6 had bad alignment issues and ate up tires. Family responsibilities change so I got the minivan. I also have a Nissan frontier pro4x 4x4. It has a lockable rear differential and beats both the legy and the ms6 out of the water in snow. It did not get stuck in over 12"+ last winter. But of course handles pretty sloppy otherwise and is an auto

Btw, I also had a 370z for about 2 years! Sold it also, harsh, poor visibility. One day I felt like i was getting into a coffin so I sold it

Yeah, Nissan really fucked the pooch on that one. And I wrote them a letter to tell them about it. Funny thing is I actually got a response.

I can't wait for snow. I am so g'damn fired up for winter it's stupid.

Btw, I also had a 370z for about 2 years! Sold it also, harsh, poor visibility. One day I felt like i was getting into a coffin so I sold it

Car dealers must love you. You may as well put money in a pile and set on fire in the steep initial depreciation you hit especially getting porked trading in.

Not my money, but at least you are happy :)

Wow I wonder how I have missed this thread all these years. All 3 of my GT wagons have been in deep snow. I remember the on March Monday when we looked out into the driveway and the snow was up to the windows o nthe 00' GT wagon, didn't have snowtires, just Michelin MXV4's, we shoveled out behind the car and a path to the drivers door, I just backed it out then loaded the skis and went skiing for the day.

Oh yea, that was after driving home from VT Sunday night in the snowstorm, 120 miles, finding out the State would be closed on Monday and they asked everyone to stay home. I called the boss, told him I was headed back to VT and would see him Wednesday. Oh Yea, did I say without snow tires!

I doubt your MS6 would have done that. Want more winter drivng stories, I have a ton of them. Been going to VT every winter weekend since 1995.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I've got a subi stuck in low amounts of snow too. It was party my fault partly the open diff issue on a 99 legacy. Snow tires and all.

I think you should by a fun car, ie miata, s2000 etc and have a family car. Odyssey's are the best mini van out there. When you try to get one car to do it all, you end of finding it sucks in the areas you want it to be good in.

AWD/4X4 is not required unless you're doing mountain passes. FWD is plenty good for most levels of snow you should be driving in. The way I look at it, is if only awd/4x4 will get me around town, it's not wise to be driving as some moron will be out there on bald tires and ruin my day.

Car and driver ripped the GT a new one stating 'gt by badge only.'

I tried to learn how to drive better in snow when I had the legy gt but couldn't get out of driveway with it in the snow to do it, haha. Wouldn't say I'd never be happy, would be fine with a Lambo aventator for a sports car and a Ford SvT raptor for truck.

Archived