LegacyGT.com

Stop me? Or encourage me?

What's your purchase recommendation?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What's your purchase recommendation?

• Keep the '05 GRP LGT Ltd
    • The Fit is go! (Get the Fit and go sip gas)
    • Have you considered... (post optional recommendation below)

What else? Safety - the Legacy is one of the safest cars on the road. The Fit is not.

+1

There is no competition for Legacy in this price range safety wise (AWD and crash worthiness). That's why we're gonna become dual Legacy household soon :)

If you really want to save money then take public transportation.

:)

Very true!

I did use the local system until taking this job late last year. And you're right. Our gas bill was cut to one-fourth of what it was previously.

Presently there's no public transportation access YET. They claim to be working on a route. Public transportation in Texas is 20+ years behind because everything's so spread out and folks take more pride in driving themselves everywhere.

After chatting with you folks most of today I've gotta say I'm now listing heavily towards the LGT side of the fence. I thought I might be doing the fiscally responsible and patriotically proper thing by using less fuel (oil) by settling for less car and less performance. But there's real data that proves I'm not doing MUCH worse financially and consumption-wise driving the LGT. And I do so love driving it...

As others have stated...

Yes, you're lowering your monthly payment. HOWEVER, financially you could ultimately be spending more.

Reasons being:

1. You started a new loan, back to payment number one.

2. You'll take a financial loss due to depreciation at trade in.

3. Need to pay sales tax (if applicable) again, as well as other necesary fees for new car purchase.

4. You only drive 12K a year, as far as saving cost of fuel it's not too significant and won't be a lifestyle change for you.

I'm in favor of holding on to the LGT, otherwise I believe you'll be potentially taking a loss.

- The Mortgage Man

Make a spreadsheet that includes:

All the reasons why this thread is gHey.

That is the ugliest POS I've ever seen. In all seriousness though, if you ever happen to be driving a Fit in eyesight of me, be sure to point and laugh back bc I'll be laughing so hard I'll piss myself.

This makes no sense :confused:

Just wanted to chime in - I have a FIT and I recently sold my LGT. BUT I did not sell the LGT for the FIT. I sold the LGT for other reasons. :icon_wink

I drive about 80 miles round trip every day to and from work (good old 270 into DC). When I needed a new commuter car I was considering the FIT, Yaris and Versa. I decided on the FIT, which is a great little commuter car. It hauls a bunch of crap. It is good on gas, and considering it has only 109 hp - it is actually fun to drive - BUT would I trade my LGT in for one as my only car to drive.... NO!

Hence why I am getting another suby (very soon)....

I was about 99.5% locked-in on the LGT when I left work yesterday after a good day of chatting about the subject with my LGT brethren. My bros confirmed some things I'd already thought about and brought up a couple of points I hadn't.

There was never a supposition on my part that the Fit is a swap of equals for the LGT. When it comes down to it, I think the Fit came to mind for a few reasons:

1. Inundation by the automotive press about the overwhelming pros of this car
  2. Seems smart in terms of oil dependence (nationalism)
  3. Seems smart financially ("Uses less gas? Ok.")
  4. The constant need for something (vehicular) new to play with

Re: #1 - I'm going to keep my need to possess everything the automotive press raves about.

Re: #2&3 - I'm not using significantly more oil/fuel than I would with an economy car. I'm neither a high-mileage driver, nor a lead-foot.

Re: #4 - I'm overcoming this one better and better as time goes by, despite the fact that it's genetic; my parents would go work the best car deals they could when they got bored. :lol: Despite that, I now have a 15-year old Lexus and an 8-year old Conversion van (for the many long roadtrips where I don't take my bike). When I need something new to play with, I'll mod my LGT, Lexus and/or bike.

I typed this out in the hopes that some part of this might help others out there thinking about some of the same things.

The email below definitely helps confirm my decision. Thanks for the word, Ion! :) Gawd I love this forum. :wub:

Just wanted to chime in - I have a FIT and I recently sold my LGT. BUT I did not sell the LGT for the FIT. I sold the LGT for other reasons. :icon_wink

I drive about 80 miles round trip every day to and from work (good old 270 into DC). When I needed a new commuter car I was considering the FIT, Yaris and Versa. I decided on the FIT, which is a great little commuter car. It hauls a bunch of crap. It is good on gas, and considering it has only 109 hp - it is actually fun to drive - BUT would I trade my LGT in for one as my only car to drive.... NO!

Hence why I am getting another suby (very soon)....

There's no better friend than money in the bank.

The Fit is just too small for me but I've looked at the Nissan Versa, a surprisingly fun and practical car for way under $20,000.

One part of it is the idea of absolutely minimizing the amount of fuel used has a certain appeal. Hybrids aren't a great choice in the snowbelt, so these minihatches are pretty appealing.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

i considered the fit...til i actually saw one. My brother went to buy one and for some reason the insurance came back high and he bought a civic instead. Not sure what that was about. ...I might by a fit for my wife but i wouldn't be seen in one.

Archived