LegacyGT.com

A slightly different STi pink install thead

J.R.

On Sat I got the springs installed that have been sitting in my garage for a month or so. I got the STi pinks from an auto wagon to put on my Spec B. The result?

Perfect stance, perfect ride. This is how the car should have come from the factory. Almost the stock ride height in the rear, about 1.5" lower in the front getting rid of that huge gap. The ride is firmer, but still comfortble. A lot less body roll. I'm thiking that I may not do sway bars, but we'll see what happens with that. I can't wait to auto-x the car either to see what it can do.

I'll get some pictures up for you tomorrow.

So.... what exactly is 'different' about this thread?? Pretty much everyone is happy with the pinks+bilstein combo, aren't they?

<<< Jealous!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

The difference is he has my JDM SpecB Pinks and has perfect stance, while the stance on my car sucked!

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31830&d=1171153683

While I am not 100% after some more research I think these are actually SpecB manual sedan Pinks what you got... the rear dab on the pinks was blue. White is for GT sedan, orange for wagon, so by elimination the blue must be the SpecB sedan. There used to be three Pinks part numbers for the rear. Now there is an extra one for 3.0R sedan, but this is new, and I got the Pinks a while ago.

Well, all that counts is you're happy. Now I strongly suspect there is indeed some difference in SpecB alu control arms and/or trailing arms, which makes Bilsteins fit "better". All Bilsteins equipped Legacies come with alu suspension bits, so I think it's not a coincidence.

Plus you have the heavyass 6MT which lowers the front.

Agreed......

I'm assuming winter tire setup......

Yep. Gonna be switching back to summer tires after this weekend I think. It'll look much better once I get the 18's back on there :)

The difference is he has my JDM SpecB Pinks and has perfect stance, while the stance on my car sucked!

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31830&d=1171153683

your rear in the pic looks ok...it is the front that looks raised.

your rear in the pic looks ok...it is the front that looks raised.

Combination of, I think. The rear was lower than it should as well. They work well for J.R. because he has lighter backend and heavier frontend. Plus alu suspension bits, which may (unconfirmed theory) make some difference in suspension geometry wrt to ride height.

One question tho, does going 1.5" lower with shorter springs only do anything to increase the load on the struts in a bad way? Can they take that extra pressure constantly?

Pinks lower 15mm vs. stock springs on JDM Bilsteins. This should not appreciably lower their life - STI designed Pinks for them, plus Pinks come stock on JDM Legacy tuned by STI.

With Bilsteins HDs is quite unclear, since Bilstein officially recommends "stock" springs for them. Plus they have allegedly less travel. But then they reportedly work great with Pinks.

Archived