LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT or Spec B? (both 07's)

AKSubie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bought my Spec.B because I loved the Alcantara blue interior, and love the idea of a bulletproof transmission. Since you are not modding yours, the trans might not be as much of an issue, so I might have to say go LGT.

^^ it's so much more than a Nav though, it serves numerous other functions such as service reminders, rear defrost time, mileage stats, and many other things for example....But I guess if you don't need it for the navigation, it is not worth the money. I don't see how people wouldn't benefit from it though, no matter how well I know an area, there are always places I don't know, maybe want to find a nearby restaurant, and anyway, I do tons of travel...

I wish navi was an option on Spec B because I will pull it out anyway.

I'm addicted to the nav/info system. I'm friggin' hittin those damn buttons like there is no tomorrow. Checking' GPS vehicle speed, changing map views, checking fuel economy, etc., etc. Drives me crazy but man do I ever love it! :lol:

Yeah the nav on my Spec is much harder to use than my Garmin, but once I got used to it after a few months, I realized that it is actually much more powerful. Now, I dont really mind it, except for the fact that the maps were made in 2004 and the updated DVD costs $238....

Yeah the nav on my Spec is much harder to use than my Garmin, but once I got used to it after a few months, I realized that it is actually much more powerful. Now, I dont really mind it, except for the fact that the maps were made in 2004 and the updated DVD costs $238....

I just picked up the updated ver 2.0 DVDs, i'll need a few months of use to see if the maps and business database is improved much.

I bought my Spec.B because I loved the Alcantara blue interior, and love the idea of a bulletproof transmission. Since you are not modding yours, the trans might not be as much of an issue, so I might have to say go LGT.

The 5mt seems to be pretty robust. Hardly any reports - are there any? - of failures even from heavily modded Stage 2+ engines.

The 5mt seems to be pretty robust. Hardly any reports - are there any? - of failures even from heavily modded Stage 2+ engines.

Yeah true, but the transmisisons on the last 2 cars I've owned have torn themselves up and costed me several thousand $$ for rebuilds...so knowing my luck, I'd rather get something heavy-duty. Plus I know a dude with an STI 6MT with 550whp and 120,000 TRACK miles on it, and no problems from the original trans. Can't beat that

^ Aside from one post I recall about a second or third gear getting smashed by a missed shift during a timed drag race, I don't think there have been any 5mt failures. That bodes well for the 6mt. Thankfully, weak trannies - even EATs -don't seem to be an issue for our cars.

^ Aside from one post I recall about a second or third gear getting smashed by a missed shift during a timed drag race, I don't think there have been any 5mt failures. That bodes well for the 6mt. Thankfully, weak trannies - even EATs -don't seem to be an issue for our cars.

Archived